PDA

View Full Version : need rear tires and beadlocks HELP

blaster12s
03-21-2010, 07:39 PM
well its that time of year where i have filpped my tires over one to many time and need a new set and some beadlocks to match
anyone have 18's??
if not whats the best tire that wiill last me a long time for motocross and what kind of beadlocks should i get NO HIPERS
thankss

mxpimp2000
03-22-2010, 11:37 PM
i HIGHLY reccomend Douglas wheels 8x8 rear beadlocks. and ive been testing some off brand tires from motosport called artrax 18x10-8 and I LOVE THEM they are very awesome tire and hook really well. no slide outs in corners and they put the power to the ground and at $39each tire i will continue to use these as long as they sale them. i have 2 sets sittin in the garage waiting to be put to use.

blaster12s
03-23-2010, 05:41 AM
thank you very much for the reply.
but how do those artrax stay on the rims cuz i have heard a few negative points about them.

mxpimp2000
03-23-2010, 11:21 AM
i have beadlocks and i have had mine mounted since december they have held perfect air pressure since. i aint had no problems with them and i ride the piss out of them

blaster12s
03-23-2010, 09:04 PM
ill give them a shot. thank you lots i aprresheat it. good luck with your racing

mxpimp2000
03-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by blaster12s
ill give them a shot. thank you lots i aprresheat it. good luck with your racing

good choice i pick then over razr mx, turf tamers, or any hard compound tire. if you have money to throw out the window then yellow lable razrs would be good but really soft and also holeshot mxr6 tires which are soft and u wouldnt get many rides out of them as compared to the artrax. but as far as front tires go with razr cross or razr mx yellow labels

blaster12s
03-24-2010, 04:50 AM
yea h got razr mxs on the front now and razr mx orange/yellow on the back but i think everyone is running stuff like that a nd the only way to go faster is to try something difftent to try and get an edge.....wat psi do you run in the backs

mxpimp2000
03-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by blaster12s
yea h got razr mxs on the front now and razr mx orange/yellow on the back but i think everyone is running stuff like that a nd the only way to go faster is to try something difftent to try and get an edge.....wat psi do you run in the backs

8-10 in the rears. i like more pressure because it gives me a little extra so i can corner faster. everytime i ran lower psi i would grip alot more and in corners id tip on 2 wheels slowing me down. in muddy or wet track conditions ill lower it to 5-7lbs

blaster12s
03-24-2010, 08:26 AM
thanks for all the info. hope they work out well for me.