PDA

View Full Version : Dirt in goggles...

jesseweaver
03-21-2010, 06:18 PM
anyone else have problems with this? i always try to clean them out as best i can but usually about 2-3 laps in theres some floating around in there when i'm in the air. not sure how to fix it? it always ends up getting in my eyes or something and messing me up. in my second moto today i went down and did a nice face plant and had so much dirt in my goggles, i ended up having to dig all of it out of my eyes after the race with my truck keys. not fun

hondariderdylan
03-21-2010, 06:33 PM
i still have dirt on the inside ring of mine from a race 4 months ago. It seems impossible to get out.:ermm:

muddy400EX
03-21-2010, 06:52 PM
ya i wear contacts so the dirt really bugs the hell outta me. i usually take the lens out of the goggles and go crazy with the air compressor,lol

jesseweaver
03-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
ya i wear contacts so the dirt really bugs the hell outta me. i usually take the lens out of the goggles and go crazy with the air compressor,lol

haha not a bad idea i might try that. and yea i wear contacts too thats probably why it bothers me so much

k4f5x0r
03-21-2010, 07:01 PM
I remember this always happened to me on quads usually. Whenever i would turn, the front tires would shoot a perfect stream of debris, through the chin area of my helmet, directly into my goggles or even my eyes.

I guess you cant really avoid that unless you have fenders :p

feuerstack411
03-21-2010, 08:25 PM
this happens to me every race. i make sure to shake the schiess out of my goggles to make sure they're clean and yet there is still dirt in them

jesseweaver
03-22-2010, 03:14 PM
does making the strap really tight help? its uncomfortable for me when its too tight but i might try making it a little tighter

muddy400EX
03-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
does making the strap really tight help? its uncomfortable for me when its too tight but i might try making it a little tighter

i actually did that the other day and didnt notice any dust getting through, but it was kinda wet out so iono. seems like it would help though

Sjorge450R
03-22-2010, 09:05 PM
i've noticed this happening a lot more with the cheaper goggles. The ones with the single layer of foam. On my cheap goggles this happens, but on my Spy's it doesnt. Those are dual density and i love them. I wont buy other brands of goggles anymore after switchign to spy.

muddy400EX
03-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
i've noticed this happening a lot more with the cheaper goggles. The ones with the single layer of foam. On my cheap goggles this happens, but on my Spy's it doesnt. Those are dual density and i love them. I wont buy other brands of goggles anymore after switchign to spy.

do your spys have the noseguard thing? i wanna get new goggles, and want something that will really keep out dirt

Sjorge450R
03-22-2010, 09:32 PM
i dont have the guard, but I am pretty sure that they make one.

KXRida
03-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver

I tightened all mine and it seemed to help a lot. I noticed with the high volt III's I run, they create a good seal around my face and I don't really get much dirt/debris in them.

fastredrider44
03-24-2010, 10:35 AM
High voltage 3s or High Voltage Pro-Airs are the best goggles ever made, period.:macho

KXRida
03-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
High voltage 3s or High Voltage Pro-Airs are the best goggles ever made, period.:macho

agreed. The local shop has the volt III's on closeout due to the new proairs coming in so I've been picking up a few pairs here and there for $20 a pop.