PDA

View Full Version : trx450r motor wierdness

mayno323
03-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Ok this is my first post. So here goes. I have an 06trx450er that I converted to a kicker, cams high compresion piston and set up for motocross. The thing ran great until today. Now It starts first or second kick runs great no spitting or sputtering. then when I let out the clutch it dies. every once in awhile I can get it going then after about a lap around the track it shuts off. then will start up first kick and die when I let out the clutch. Help!!! leavin for nationals wednesday!!!! Hope its something simple

thanks

fmftrx300ex
03-22-2010, 09:38 PM
start bycheckin ur chain tention it takes like 5 seconds then check your kill switch and clutch switch and all of the wires all grounds all conector everything, if its still not working clean ur carb and check your valves

mayno323
03-23-2010, 07:59 AM
I have done all of the above except check valves. Seems to run to perfect to be valves. have the kill switch bypassed, thought it might have been bad gas but changing gas didn't help. I also cleaned the carb. Today Im going to disassemble the whole carb and clean it. Im also going to put a new valve on the gas tank. If all that fails Ill dig into the motor. Just seems to run too good to be valves or piston or anything like that. Last thing I want to do is rebuild a motor tonight! could it be the throttle pos. sensor? I don't see a clutch switch? Thanks for the help.

mayno323
03-24-2010, 05:09 PM
fixed... dirty carb.:D see yall in Alabama!!!!!!

300ex mxracer
03-25-2010, 07:57 AM
glad to hear you got it fixed. I had this problem last year but mine would run for about 2-3 laps then die.