PDA

View Full Version : clutch lever ?

sunco
03-21-2010, 11:20 AM
i am putting a new MSR clutch lever on my honda 450r and i took the stock one off and happened to notice that there were two wires coming from it. what are they? and do i need them? the MSR has no spot for wires, BTW my parking brake is off too.

Scro
03-21-2010, 11:57 AM
You will need to splice them together under the hood somewhere. That is a safety feature from the factory, to insure you have the clutch pulled in when cranking.

sunco
03-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanx. I'll go do that. Hey I posted in the 450R section about my values. Would u care to ck that out to? Currently puttin it back togehter now. Going to BPG on Saturday.

Trxman300
04-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Scro
You will need to splice them together under the hood somewhere. That is a safety feature from the factory, to insure you have the clutch pulled in when cranking.

hey i messed up my electrical for the clutch sensor or something and i need to pull the clutch in on my 300ex to start it, even in neutral...... the neutral and reverse lights dont even work..... will splicing the wires make my problem go away, i dont think so....

and also it is the saftey wires for the clutch so i doesnt start in gear with the clutch out right? will splicing them make it act like you never did anything???