PDA

View Full Version : Post your 400ex injury pics...?

JOHNDOE83
03-21-2010, 09:24 AM
OK, so almost 2 years ago to this day, I wrecked HORRIBLY on my 400ex while racing...lol.

This guy ran me off the trail while I was trying to pass him on the hairscramble, and made me hit a small tree...lol.

We were hauling ***** and when I hit the tree me and the quad started to flip vilolently, Then I spun and started sliding feet first down the path and the quad was fliping end over end, Thats when the front brake resevoir on the handle bars went inside MY WRIST.....LITERALLY!!!

Later after the accident, 3 weeks, we went to the site to see the tree damage and how far I rolled, weirdly enough the tree had almost no damage...lol...but me and the atv stoped over 60ft away from the tree.

The only damage to the quad was a bent front bumper, tire popped off the bead, scrapes on new plastics, slightly bent swingarm bolt.

The damage to me was 12 severed tendons, and 2 severed nerves in my wrist, the whole under side of my wrist was cut to the bone the only thing that saved them from having to cut my hand completely off was the bone didnt break...LOL.

Other then that all I had was a scrape on my shoulder, and a broken helmet that saved my life...

Heres a pic of my wrist 4 weeks after surgery and a pic of the helmet, I wish the helmet pic was more detailed theres a huge crack in it....

ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET, EVEN IF YOUR JUST GOING UP THE STREET!!!...lol

Look at the wrist pic its in the shape of the square from the brake resevoir on the handle bars. It was a big hole the size of the resevoir on my wrist.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/johndoe83_2010/Picture0004.jpg

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/johndoe83_2010/Picture0007.jpg

JOHNDOE83
03-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks to some cool riders, one guy stoped to help me up and take me back to the truck, and several other riders stoped and got my quad out of the ditch and towed it back to my truck and loaded it up for my girlfriend while a 75 year old man drove me to the hospital.....lol.

We never even had to ask for help, and I had never met any of them prior to this accident...lol...just cool people.

CJM
03-21-2010, 09:58 AM
That looks very painful and a really bad accident. Amazing you and the quad werent injured worse.

I dont have pictures but ill explain my worst:

Was riding at these sandpits on my old suzuki 230 and found some neat little jumps I kept going over.

One of them was larger and had a launch and landing ramp. I didnt go over it till I got the courage up. I also didnt go look at it to closely either.

Went off the jump and realize to make those ramps they DUG OUT a 4ft long x4ft deep, 2-3ft wide hole and use the dirt.

At the last second I let off the throttle and flew headfirst into the hole.

Banged my right knee and thigh on the handlebar but otherwise was unhurt. Till I tried to yank the quad out of there and separated my shoulder a bit!

dns1764
03-21-2010, 03:56 PM
my sister got run over and this was the damage to her knee from the chain. the kid riding popped the clutch as my sis walked around the corner, he fell off the back of it and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx72/dns1764/P1010010.jpg

slightlybent47
03-21-2010, 06:07 PM
That’s great that there are still some riders that despite the fact that there in a race, they are still willing to give up there place just to help out a fellow rider.
I have even seen some national riders in big races with lots of points on the table stop and help a downed rider.:D

JOHNDOE83
03-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Wow that knee looks bad, ouch!

Well it wasnt a points race or anything big it was a practice race before an event the next day, held by the owners of a local ride spot. So they werent missing out on anything big by stoping, also it was far down the trail, I think the 4 mile mark, so There was no one else around to help me get back...lol.

They were like the rest of us, and when they saw a down rider that was really hurt, with no one around, they did what any of us would do, they were probally like damn that could be me one day.

backwoods 400ex
03-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Ya i dont have any pics but i &^%@ed up both my knees (wish i got nerf bars) fractured my wrist and hit my dog doing 50 and rolled it 10 times and got body slamed by my 400ex. we both were okay though there fun but if just one little things goes wrong you feel it for life lol im only 17 and i feel those inguries every single day lol