PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex rev limit

screamandfly
03-21-2010, 08:23 AM
hey i've got a question just got my ex back from putting a stage 2 cam in it i was riding it today and it runs fine on the bottom end as soon as i get going about 10 mph it acts like it hitting the rev limit if you have ne suggestions it'd help greatly thanks...

MtnEX
03-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Like cutting out?

NacsMXer
03-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Maybe your main jet fell out inside the carb? :confused: Happened to me once before.

coreyownz
03-21-2010, 06:36 PM
it sounds dumb but ive done it before. is your choke on?

screamandfly
03-25-2010, 04:00 PM
no the chokes not on..sometimes it runs good and sometimes its like its getting to much gas and bogs down i'll ask the guys who put the jet kit in when i piped it and see what jets it has if you guys think its jetting i had it done last summer with a k an n filter so it couldn't really be something in the carbs as they were cleaned when it was installed don't think the jet would just fall out because it runs great most of the time and only sometimes it does it

slightlybent47
03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Sounds like the carb needs cleaning again.
I know you said you just cleaned it but you may have missed something.

Check the fuel screen in the tank and this one on the carb.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2zeflgw.jpg

put some fresh gas in it.

MidnightBlade
03-25-2010, 07:37 PM
if you put a new cam in i would play with the jets again. When i put a pipe on mine i just played with the main jet until i got it right. then do a plug chop with each different jet. IDK why its cutting out, mine did it when the choke was on 1/2 but its off so idk