PDA

View Full Version : cooling sensor

jefteland
03-21-2010, 12:23 AM
has anyone got the cooling fan sensor off e-bay that turns fan on at a lower temp??? they want $20 for it just want to know if it would be a good investment. this is what the ad says:

NEW LTZ400 Z400 KFX400 ThermoSwitch UPGRADE! ADD 3+ HP!

We have run several tests on various different ATV's and have seen a minimum +2HP gain and a maximum of +5HP gain on our test bikes. We can assure you that you can expect an average +3HP using our Performance Coolant Sensor. This is a LOT of extra power when you consider what your starting with! It REALLY makes a difference that you can FEEL!

cataway
03-21-2010, 11:32 AM
yes it will turn on at a lower temp , kinda a so what , there is a thermostat and it opens at the same temp it all ways has or will .

i have yet to see a lower thermostat ,I'm sure there out there,just haven't seen it yet

ccdhowell
03-22-2010, 06:38 PM
I bought it, it does turn the fan on much more often. Don't know if it helps though.

jefteland
03-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by cataway
yes it will turn on at a lower temp , kinda a so what , there is a thermostat and it opens at the same temp it all ways has or will .

i have yet to see a lower thermostat ,I'm sure there out there,just haven't seen it yet

so does anyone make a lower temp thermostat ???