PDA

View Full Version : Want to better my outlaw

albertanOutlaw
03-20-2010, 06:45 PM
its all stock right now and i want a slip on, jet kit and air intake.
what should i get for the most power...

birdman7389
03-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Intake, I use a Uni foam filter spec'd for the bike.

Exhaust, I have the Muzzy's and am pretty happy with it, some say the CT makes the best power.

The JD Jetting kit does work, but if you really want a perfect carb set up, check out ktmatvhq.com
There are a few posters over there that have these carbs all figured out, I sent mine out and now it is spot-on.

bchessel
03-20-2010, 09:23 PM
big bore kit .... turns it into a beast

albertanOutlaw
03-20-2010, 09:29 PM
i want to wait until my warrenty is done first before i bore it.
how much HP does the muzzy gain

birdman7389
03-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by albertanOutlaw
i want to wait until my warrenty is done first before i bore it.
how much HP does the muzzy gain

No tellin, not too many people dyno the bikes after the mods.

I'll tell you this....Mine used to (when stock) barely pull or tie my buddy and his Raptor 700R, after these mods......dude is toast, no questions asked.

Now if/when the rappy gets pipe/intake/controller.....I'm hosed. THEN it is big bore and cam time!

sheriff525
03-20-2010, 11:24 PM
I got the new HMF competition slip on coming. Should get here monday. I have heard nothing but good things about it. A guy on another site got his quad on to a dyno and found that the muzzy makes less than the HMF slip on. He did about 5-6 pipes and is sticking with the HMF slip on.

I got a K&N and JD jet kit.

It stretches my arms a few inches everytime I ride.

rocksrisa
03-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I got the new HMF competition slip on coming. Should get here monday. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Sheriff, I would love to hear how you like that exhaust! I have been looking at that one, and it seems quite economical compared to what else it out there.

Why did you go with the new "competition" series as opposed to the regular "sport"? The differences I saw were that the sport wasn't tunable with the different cores right?

albertanOutlaw
03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
i went with the Yoshi RS5, dyno jet kit and k&n air filter XD