PDA

View Full Version : Went to Little Sahara, OK this weekend

dads400ex
11-26-2001, 06:09 PM
We ended up going over the holiday weekend, got there late Fri. evening and came home late Sunday, had great weather during the day with the exception of the wind but it did get pretty cold at night I am just glad we had a camper to stay in and not a tent. Had a guy come up to me and ask if I wanted to sell one of my Honda's, he had a DS 650 that he wanted to get rid of claimed it had to much power for him. Jokingly I said how about straight across he was very interested so I checked his out and it was a 2001 in pretty rough shape for only 1 year old and I got a little nervous about it, you know just seems kinda of odd somebody wanting to trade like that. Not only that but those DS 650 just look to big and bulky to be any fun on trails as our Honda's are good all the way around and on any type of riding, plus I just got my bike piped and all.

Just thought I would share my little experiance,
dads400ex

generalg
11-26-2001, 06:38 PM
Man I wish I would have been able to go..... Planning on going to Little Sahara on Saturday for a day trip, any takers?

No way would I have traded for a DS650, nothing beats the 400ex in handling, price and RELIABILITY!

12-06-2001, 03:07 PM
I went there with a friend of mine who drove down from Iowa. The weather was ideal for riding during the day, but we were some of those folks stuck in a tent so it was very cold at night.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that while drag racing against two differnet raptors, I was able to beat one every time and lose to the other by about 2-3 bike lengths. The one I beat looked and sounded stock and had an average sized guy riding it. I dusted him about six times in a row.

The one that beat me had paddles and a pipe as well as a young looking boy that looked to weigh about 100 lbs. riding it.

Overall I was plesed to hang so well with bikes that have engines that are over 50% larger than mine.

By the way, I have stock tires, Big Gun exhaust, Qwik Silver carb, stock engine.
It makes me want to get a Cam and Hi-comp piston to see if that makes up the difference on the modded raptor.

Anyways, it was a lot of fun out there and it really wore me out.