PDA

View Full Version : fmf quiet core question

Grimzella
03-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Sup all,

I have a quick question here. I've had a 300ex and recently upgraded to a kfx400 '05 It has a Slip on (not sure yet if its jetted ect) plug looked good tho? My question is about the slip on.. everything is missing.. like spark arrester and core. its loud its a FMF Factory 4. can i get a quiet core for this? is the FMF factory 4.1 the same pipe? will a quiet core and spark arrester work from a 4.1 i need to quiet it down a bit. any help is appreciated.

Pic of my pipe

Thanks,
Dave

twincat800
03-19-2010, 05:57 PM
im not sure what you mean by core but i know you can get an arrestor for not much maybe a few bucks, i had this pipe before... its obviously an aftermarket pipe, it will sound exceptionally louder than the stock pipe, mine was pretty loud, taking the spark arrestor out didnt make much of a difference, you could maybe re-pack it but ive never done that before so you should ask around, that packing i beilieve is a fiberglass type of material and that does not cost much either. Re-packing it and an arrestor wont cost much and should quiet it down a little bit.

Grimzella
03-19-2010, 07:50 PM
you never heard of a "quiet core"?? they are everywhere. HMF FMF ect.. they all offer quiet cores. they are not unheard of. a matter fact you need them to ride in National Forests with sound regulations. my question was.. will a 4.1 silencer (quiet core) work for my slip on pictured? i dont know if mine is a 4 or 4.1 factory fmf. no amount of packing in the world will help the fact that NOTHING is in my slipon.

02bwraptor
03-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Give FMF a call 310 631-4363.