PDA

View Full Version : Need your experience - Hiper nonbeadlocks for trail riding

quad2xtreme
03-19-2010, 07:42 AM
In 10 years of trail riding, I've never slipped a front tire off a stock rim; however, I was wondering if others have bad experiences with non-beadlock Hipers. It is so easy to unmount and mount tires on Hiper non-beadlocks I have to wonder how well the tire will stay on under low pressure.

I know from my mx quad that the tires will stay on with 10 lbs of pressure. My concern is I run 5 lbs for trail riding. All my other trail quads have single beadlock Hipers. I need to upgrade the stock rims on a spare 400ex since the stock rims are trashed. Would like to save the added bucks if the single beadlocks aren't really necessary.

Thanks,

Jon

mineralgrey01gt
03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
why not just run other wheels besides hipers? I got my beadlocks with tires for $140 shipped, they work great

hondaracer_34
03-19-2010, 02:30 PM
only 5 lbs of pressure and trail riding with non beadlock hipers..idk man.

quad2xtreme
03-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer_34
only 5 lbs of pressure and trail riding with non beadlock hipers..idk man.

Yea that is what I am thinking too. The tires slip off the mx quad so easily when I want to change tires. I was hoping others would say "yea, I run them that way and never had a problem yet".

My 2nd question is the durability of the CF1A Hipers. I currently have 6 pairs of the higher end ones.

hondaracer_34
03-19-2010, 02:43 PM
To me it looks like just the centers are different. I dont think theres that big of a difference? I think the dual bead lock patters are stronger.

quad2xtreme
03-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer_34
To me it looks like just the centers are different. I dont think theres that big of a difference? I think the dual bead lock patters are stronger.

All of mine have aluminum centers. The CF1A has a carbon fiber center with 4 small aluminum inserts for the lugs to tighten down on. I know they say Bill Ballance runs them but that only means he runs a race or two with them. I am going to beat them year round even when it is 15 degrees outside.

hondaracer_34
03-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Well theres only 1 way to really find out, get them. They should have a warranty on them.