PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Lonestar Duncan 340PV

red88r
03-19-2010, 12:31 AM
This is a pic of the quad my brother used to run before he was killed in a car accident. My Dad now owns it. My other brother originally bought this quad when it was box stock back in 2000 I believe. He did everything to it minus the 340 kit. He ran it in mx A class with a LRD265PV.

I ran this quad a few times in Open B and Vet B class with some really good finishes. Just need to get in a little better shape. lol

Anyways just thought I'd share the pic. I always enjoy this sort of stuff. Only thing stock on this thing is probably the cases and the rear caliper. Everything is we replaced over the last 10 yrs.

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad284/red88r/100_0905.jpg

mohler
03-19-2010, 04:40 AM
looks good more pics and price?

Fear250r
03-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by mohler
looks good more pics and price?

I don't think he said it was for sale.

destey
03-19-2010, 05:47 AM
you going to part it out? how much for the cylinder if so

skyeryder
03-19-2010, 07:01 AM
^^^^VULTURE'S^^^^^

Nice quad!!!!! That's great that you'll always have something with that kinda meaning and history behind it, let's us all know how the '10 race season goes

destey
03-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by skyeryder
^^^^VULTURE'S^^^^^

Kinda asking for it isn't he, showing off the quad goes in the sticky at the top, and half the posts in this forum are for-sales...

250Renvy
03-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Now I see why you wanted the Klotz cover, why don't you see if you can trade for it? The quad tech is probably just as valuable.

skyeryder
03-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by destey
Kinda asking for it isn't he, showing off the quad goes in the sticky at the top, and half the posts in this forum are for-sales...

yea, but gotta admit it was funny, lol

jmoney45
03-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Very nice quad, and sorry to hear about your brother.

red88r
03-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all the replys...guess I should have put it in the show off your 250r section. I posted it late at night and never even thought of it...long day. No this quad will never be for sale or parted out. My brother bought it from original owner although we don't have the stock frame for it anymore. I bought that from my brother back in 03 and built a R from the ground up and sold it a year later when I built my new house. Wish I still had that quad yet.

Trying to get in good shape for this year's mx season. Hopefully my other brother and I will run at Red Bud and Millville if all goes well. I will be on the R and he will be on a 07 Honda 450r. Then run some local races throughout the summer.

woodsracer144
03-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by red88r
Thanks for all the replys...guess I should have put it in the show off your 250r section. I posted it late at night and never even thought of it...long day. No this quad will never be for sale or parted out. My brother bought it from original owner although we don't have the stock frame for it anymore. I bought that from my brother back in 03 and built a R from the ground up and sold it a year later when I built my new house. Wish I still had that quad yet.

Trying to get in good shape for this year's mx season. Hopefully my other brother and I will run at Red Bud and Millville if all goes well. I will be on the R and he will be on a 07 Honda 450r. Then run some local races throughout the summer.

you need any pit help let me know, im going to millville for sure, i dont know if i'll be racing it or not but i know i'll be around...

great quad... i think i would have that quad in my house if i had a story like that behind it... yet again, if you show up and spank all the 4-strokes that would be a pretty good feeling as well..... need anything let me know, im on your way to millville! :devil:

03-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I'll be at Red Bud (at least) with either my Roll 250R or my Laeger 250R.

We'll have to get a thread going about who will be racing a 250R at what Nationals this year.

woodsracer144
03-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by 8686
I'll be at Red Bud (at least) with either my Roll 250R or my Laeger 250R.

We'll have to get a thread going about who will be racing a 250R at what Nationals this year.

agreed!

if i would get some seat time and a quad running i would take up the millville one... its a good hour away... we should get Baker250r down there too ( i think thats his name on here hes got a LSR and is in La crosse WI)

red88r
03-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
you need any pit help let me know, im going to millville for sure, i dont know if i'll be racing it or not but i know i'll be around...

great quad... i think i would have that quad in my house if i had a story like that behind it... yet again, if you show up and spank all the 4-strokes that would be a pretty good feeling as well..... need anything let me know, im on your way to millville! :devil:

Yeah I'll let you know. I once joked about putting that quad in our living room but the wife didn't think it was as good of idea as I did.

Can't wait to see how many R's show up. Really miss seeing them around.

I have not seen Baker250r since we all ran together at Arkansas.

woodsracer144
03-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by red88r
Yeah I'll let you know. I once joked about putting that quad in our living room but the wife didn't think it was as good of idea as I did.

Can't wait to see how many R's show up. Really miss seeing them around.

I have not seen Baker250r since we all ran together at Arkansas.

haha! you just gotta give her a check to go shopping and when she gone have your dad over and take apart pull it in the house and put it together... say its a gift for you and there it will be sitting... haha! she'd get over it... just wouldnt be happy the first few hours or days...