PDA

View Full Version : WORCS Round 3

raidernut
03-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Let it be known that we are at round 3 of the WORCS National series, and i am hard at work in the back of my trailer tuning and dialing Buddys bikes in, and Briant Sizemore is sitting in his motor home logged onto Atvriders.com

Ride1Rob
03-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Sounds to me like he should be envyous of you... I LOVE WRENCHING LOL. Especially when I know how much money it's saving me from someone else doing it ;)

TTracer#22
03-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Actually I'm reading all the great stuff about the DC,JB setups and watching Nitrc Circus;-)

BradLoomis
03-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Go get em' boys!

mushinracing
03-19-2010, 06:15 AM
williams and seizmore have fun and stay away from all those college girls on spring break . on serious note go spank some butt this weekend. yes i mean on the track!!!!!

riding4fun
03-19-2010, 07:15 AM
How was the wind last night? I love this Havasu race because I get to sleep in my own bed.
Thanks again mark for the shock help.

See ya when the gates open.

TTracer#22
03-19-2010, 10:04 AM
The wind is blowing bad and has been all night it doesn't help that my control panelin the motorhome went haywire and my jacks won't go down.

gistmarrs
03-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Briant,

Good luck! I hope you two (Brock and Buddy) have a great race.

Thanks for your help last weekend with my sons rear shock.

Marrs Gist

robb
03-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Good luck guy's !!! wish we could be there.

TTracer#22
03-19-2010, 11:57 PM
And let it be known Mark paid me back tonight as I was in my trailer fixing Brocks broken quad he was at Cold Stone eating ice cream with the kids! LOL Robb wish you were here with us we will keep you posted tomorrow.

raidernut
03-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Bad day for Buddy Williams Racing. Sat morning 70 mod class, lifted rear of bike to clean out motor before the green flag, and rear clutch stuck open. Buddy rode almost a lap about 5 miles an hour, and then bam, it popped back in and took off like a rocket. He rode his heart out and caught back up to 3rd place, and the at the 25 minute mark the belt let loose, and ended up 9th.

Then Sat afternoon 90 sport class got out second, and on the first step up jump his buddy brock sizemore threw a chain on top of the jump, buddy moved over, and another rider landed on his back. He continued on, and took over the lead, building a 30 second cushion, until the 25 minute mark again lost a belt, and ended up 13th. He was the points leader in both classes by 10 points, and watched it all go away. The track was absolutely brutal, and the top 3 bikes in the afternoon class all went out with belts. i think we counted about a dozen riders out with belts throughout the day.

I guess thats why they call it racin and not winnin:scary: :scary:

drxracing
03-21-2010, 07:05 PM
we broke a belt as well and a clutch but that was on practice

BradLoomis
03-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Congrats to my team racers:
Keep charging forward, I am proud of you three!

DALE SALAZAR JR
70cc Open - 3rd, Series Position 3rd
70cc Prod - 1st, Series Position 1st
Sport 8-15 - 3rd, Series Position 4th

BROCK SIZEMORE
70cc Open - 8th, Series Position 4th
70cc Prod - 2nd, Series Position 3rd
Sport 8-15 - DNF, Series Position 16th

BUDDY WILLIAMS
70cc Open - 2nd, Series Position 1st
70cc Prod - 9th, Series Position 2nd
Sport 8-15 - 13th, Series Position 3rd

raidernut
03-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Dale rode his tail off this weekend, and managed to keep his belt in one piece unlike the rest of us. Buddy finally finished a race today though. He led for 25 minutes with Dale right on his tail, then they both got hung up with a lapper, and 3rd place got the line for the win. Oh well we were happy to finish second after our weekend belt problems. Thanks Brad gonna need a second set of tie rods for new front end im building;)

BradLoomis
03-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Give me dimensions and they will be in the mail for you!

TTracer#22
03-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks Brad,

Our Weekend started good went bad and started getting better this morning running 4th and got a rock hung up between the front wheel and rotor on the last lap had to pit and dropped all the way to 8th. I'm glad the weekend is over that track was brutal.

QuadJunkies
03-21-2010, 10:38 PM
I remember Brandons doing the same thing on that track on the last lap even. Heard it was brutal for alot of riders . Wish we could have been there !:ermm:

bignasty
03-22-2010, 08:06 PM
the 70cc open was going great for us, Dale hit a "HUGE" Rock bent the rim to junk and rode the last three laps with a flat tire. Mark, it was really a rough weekend for you guys, I really feel for you guys. Hope to see you guys next month. :) :) ;) ;) :) :)

Full Throttle00
03-22-2010, 08:34 PM
WOW, sounded like a rough weekend, I'm making a call to my investor and throw everything in clutch belts.:D

I didn't quite understand who landed on who and are they ok? :confused:

raidernut
03-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Full Throttle00
WOW, sounded like a rough weekend, I'm making a call to my investor and throw everything in clutch belts.:D

I didn't quite understand who landed on who and are they ok? :confused:

Brock Sizemore got the holeshot and hit a big step up and landed on top. When he landed his chain came off and he was a sitting duck. Buddy was in second, and was wise enough to move over to the side, he landed beside of sizemore ad moved so he didnt hit him, the next rider jumped up and landed on Buddys back. Then another rider hit Sizemore in the back while he was sitting on top. I think Mr sizemore caught part of it on video, maybe he can post it on here?

As far as the belts go, ive always known there was a threshold of power we could develop in these motors before CVT failure would show up on the rougher tracks, and i think some of us have long past that threshold. I detuned our motor for sundays race, and it held up fine:mad:

Full Throttle00
03-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Sounds like what happened to us last year off that split line double. Hope everyone involved is ok.

As for belts, I quit paying for that high dollar Kevlar, Malossi junk and stayed with the cheap junk. We broke a few, but only at the line from brake standing holeshot starts.

But then again... we never ran big HP built motors like you big time national guys.

I think the next line of innovative parts next in line for Brad & Dave should be a dual belt CVT just in case one breaks, maybe Carbon fiber .:D .:D

raidernut
03-22-2010, 09:17 PM
we should consider ourselves lucky for know, because if these little guys continue on the path they are on, this is what they have in store during a WORCS Pro 2 hour main!!

#404's Dad
03-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
we should consider ourselves lucky for know, because if these little guys continue on the path they are on, this is what they have in store during a WORCS Pro 2 hour main!!

OMG I want that huge bottle of Amsoil!!! lol

raidernut
03-22-2010, 09:30 PM
you can have it but ya gotta jump the lagoon to get it:p

Full Throttle00
03-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I like the 2 others stopped in the back ground saying to themselves...
HOLY SHCRAP

Give them another year or 2 at the rate the way they are running and someone is bound to do it...

hdperformance
03-26-2010, 02:47 AM
You guys got it good. Shayden broke two belts plus seized a motor. Its to cold here in Utah to think about ice cream although Cold Stone sounds goood. It was the 5th place rider that hit Brock. Shayden was third. It really could have been alot worse. See you at the next race.

Paul
Shayden Housley #39y

TTracer#22
03-26-2010, 07:37 AM
I guess we got off lucky we ended our weekend with a severly bent swingarm and a large rock between the front right wheel and rotor. The good news is everything will be ready for adelanto.