PDA

View Full Version : de-winterizing honda aquatrax f-12

exrider23
03-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey everyone, after riding my friends honda's all summer i decided to buy an 05 aquatrax f-12 with 10 hours on it! It was winterized but I wanna know how to properly de-winterize it before i start tinkering around. Man these things are fast!!!! Thanks for the help

ridered11
03-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but there's not much to winterizing a jet ski. All I do is run some antifreeze through it, and take the battery out, run the gas out, and fog the throttle body. Put some fresh gas in her and fire it up, should be fine.

chucked
03-19-2010, 06:42 AM
I think that is the closed loop cooling system? I'm not sure how they go about winterizing that.... But with mine, I just de-winterized it yesterday... I hooked it up to water, tried to fire it up.... Pulled the plugs, cleaned them, tried to fire it up again...... Pulled the plugs again, cleaned them (so much fogging oil...) Then it fired up! Let it run awhile on the water to flush the antifreeze out. Then I revved it once it warmed up to burn off the fogging oil. Gave it a nice bath. Ill wax it today, throw in some new plugs and it will be 100% ready....

Giz400ex
03-21-2010, 06:32 AM
I've had many years with PWC and never de-winterized. The only thing I did over winter months was to make sure that battery was charged every month cause there to damn expensive to replace. You can do what "chucked" did but thats up to you.