PDA

View Full Version : Apex 90

jnoble76
03-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I just bought a couple Apex 90's for my boys and am just curious what the regular maintenance items are. I plan on running premium fuel and a good 2cycle oil 40:1. What maintenance should I be completing on the clutch? rollers and belts etc...
One quad also has Elka shocks on it and wanted some insight on how to set them correctly for his weight (85lbs). Any insight would be great.

nastynotchback1
03-19-2010, 08:37 AM
the shocks have to be valved and sprung for his weight and then between what you see and what he tells you it's doing on the track you will make adjustments to the compression and rebound.as far as the clutch goes if it starts to slow down change the torque spring and i don't mess with the rollers and shoe springs to often.I do like to change the belt every few races.

KLCRACING
03-21-2010, 01:18 PM
You might want to invest in a Dave Carter slipper clutch or at least a slipper sprocket. What this does is if you boys jump alot and land with the throttle on, without one or the other slipper, it could damage your tranny gears. The clutch is more expencesive but you put it on and forget it for a year or two, and the sprocket has to be tightened or checked every ride or two.

MikeBerry
03-22-2010, 02:09 PM
What type of racing are you doing? We have the elka version also. They came setup for motocross in my opinion. We run crosscountry so they had to be softened up quite a bit.