PDA

View Full Version : coolant

superchrismx
03-18-2010, 07:34 PM
need help my ltr is pushing almost all of of its coolant ont of the Rad. an overflow container every time I ride been try to fix this problem for months an no luck! have replaced the head gasket twice with no luck. Any help would be great!

Thanks
Chris

kyleschonert
03-18-2010, 08:34 PM
How many hours on your LT-R? And what kind of coolant are you running? Could be a blown head gasket. And depending on coolant. Mine would spit Liquid Performance and Engine Ice, so now I just run straight 50/50 mix in mine. I have heard people having good results using Water Wetter.

I'd also wait for someone else to chime in.

panici33
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
As a novice mechanic, I'm pretty sure fluid spewing out of your overflow has nothing to do with the type of fluid you're running. I use Engine Ice in all my quads and never had a problem, and I have also used 50/50 and had no problem. The fluid is not flowing correctly so maybe the pump is bad, or possibly the thermostat. There is also a fuse for the radiator too. Does your fan run? I wouldn't think it would be the head gasket if you already replaced it twice unless it wasn't done right.

:confused:

kyleschonert
03-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Didn't read the part about the head gasket, there goes that idea.

But mine would spit everything but 50/50, Mike at ATP got me running that and nothing comes out of the overflow at all anymore.

I also run a different radiator cap I got from Pit Posse, I think it is a 1.6 or something like that that is said to help with the coolant spitting.

Not sure what it could be now.

Thinking we need more information though..

superchrismx
03-19-2010, 03:29 AM
I have always run 50/50, still using stock cap! An when it spits fuild the temp light won't come on till it empty so I know the lights workn. It doesn't feel like it running any hot thAn it normaly did! Have taken the water pump cover off an bump it over jus 2 make sure the impeller turnin an not totem up an it's all good. I jus don't no?

leasureryan
03-19-2010, 07:21 PM
so get a 1.6 cap instead of the stock 1.1. simple fix bro

MR4Engine202
03-22-2010, 08:34 PM
possibility it could also be a cracked head

jmanltr450
03-27-2010, 01:18 AM
mine spits fluid out of the overflow but it doesnt seem to be runnin very hot. so i just keep it somewhat full and don sweat it. my fan has came on twice since ive had it for 1.5yrs of riding. wat year is ur quad? The 2008 ltr has a different temp for the fan system.

YELLOW RR
04-05-2010, 10:51 AM
My 07 will spit out the overflow untill the coolant level is down to a little above the lower line after that it stays at that level?

MR4Engine202
04-05-2010, 07:42 PM
my friends pushes soe coolant out too