PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Got An Electrical Problem!!!!

jordanf1986
03-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok when i turn my key switch on no lights or anything comes on my start button doesn't do anything, But on the silinoid next to the battery i touched a screw driver accross the bolts and the motor turned, but its either not turning the motor strong enough to start or i got problems! Can you guys tell me how to fix the electrical problem, and get this thing to start, THANKS GUYS I APPRECIATE IT!

jordanf1986
03-18-2010, 06:43 PM
But it will roll start , when it runs the lights work but its acting like a banshee the way the electrical system only works when it runs

stichy85
03-19-2010, 01:31 PM
its kind of hard to say what exactly is causing the problem. but have you checked the obvious first.....make sure all the battery connections are good? is the battery fully charged? check your ground cable too. make sure its not corroded where it grounds to the engine. other then that you will need to find a wiring diagram and somebody that is good with wiring with a volt meter and test light

ohhh, have you tried to jump start it off of like a car or another 4wheeler?

fearlessfred
03-19-2010, 03:00 PM
have u checked the 20 amp fuse back by the batt. if thats blown u will have no power to the switchs and the batt. side of the solinoid always has power to it im assuming its the same as my sons 08 z 400 there is a spare fuse and the blown fuse will be under a green plastic cover if its the same as my sons

jordanf1986
03-19-2010, 06:28 PM
i just roll started it and pulled the + battery cable off it did fine so that eleminates one thing it has a new battery that is hotter than a stock battery its one for the hyabusa, but even after its warmed up it will crank off the silonoid but wont start which has me puzzled oh yes i replaced the fuse too that wasn't it either.

fearlessfred
03-19-2010, 09:12 PM
does your green nutral lite come on

jordanf1986
03-19-2010, 09:14 PM
it only comes on when the quad is running its acting like a 2 stroke

fearlessfred
03-19-2010, 10:00 PM
u have lost power to the key switch do a visual first and then use a test lite to chase the wires down till u find were u do have power i would work both ends to the middle from the fused power lead to the switch and from the switch to the fuse for a break or cut or disconnect

MR4Engine202
03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
did you by any chance replace your handle bar instrument pod recently?

John Noftsinger
03-27-2010, 10:55 AM
wiggle connector on right side of radiator that leads to start swicth on handlebars its a white connector if thats not it check connector that goes from sparkplug cap to box mounted on frame by steering stem those are the problem I had ,also check if black wire coming though left rear fender going to batt has rubbed off wire coating and is grounding out

bigblue02hd
11-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Ever get to the bottom of this????

My cousins 03' Z400 has similar issues.... it will roll start everytime, no matter whether its hot or cold. But, it won't start using the "start" button. It just cranks and cranks....

MR4Engine202
11-17-2010, 02:55 PM
yours is more than likely valve adj...check compression if its low put a tbsp of oil in the cyl if comp dosnt change then its your valves