PDA

View Full Version : Question on silencer and plugs

11-26-2001, 05:47 PM
I am planing on getting a bunch of crap on my quad for christmas and am wondering if what this guy at kensington motorsports in michigan told me was true or not. He had a banchee and raptor.He said that yamaha and honda make the best head pipes on the market and getting a new one woldent help that much. He said to get a new sclincer and suggested the white brothers e series.So i don't no what to do. I have about a 600 budget and was thinking about new rear tires and rims a scliencer and sommin else. Just wondering if all you gear heads would give m some tips. I would like to get the 400ex i have to be more responcive and beter topend as well. Thanks.

11-26-2001, 05:51 PM
also my quad fouls plugs allot about every 3 weeks and i ride every day so i was wondering if that was norm or not

buckeye400ex
11-26-2001, 06:08 PM
I don't know who makes the best headpipe, but I went with the E-Series slip on for my 400EX, I also got the K&N Power up kit. That comes with jets to get your carb set up right. I went with the Stage 1 (146 main and the needle) setup since I plan on running my airbox lid.
Of course the first thing I did to my quad was get tires. (See sig.)
That oughta burn up most of $600.

400exRacerX
11-26-2001, 06:46 PM
Your plug should read a nice brown/grey and it is running perfect. As far as fouling plugs every 3 weeks,,,,,,what kind of bike is it? If it is a 2 stroke then fouling plugs that often is normal, but your plug should last very long on a 4 stroke.

oynot400
11-27-2001, 08:23 AM
Be sure to turn off the fuel valve when not in use and when you haul it downt he road. The air flow, from hauling it, will draw fuel out of the carb and into the head and cylinder if the valves are open. That can cause the plug to foul, it did a couple of mine.

11-27-2001, 05:52 PM
I think i need o turn off the gas that is a good idea thanks. By the way i have a 400ex duh

Quadracer5
11-27-2001, 08:43 PM
Yes, both honda and yamaha have excellent stock headpipes on their 4-strokes. You'll get your money's worth more by getting a slipon silencer and then rejetting your carb. And its Banshee, not banchee.

Kyle