PDA

View Full Version : crackle pop sound

xcracer416
03-18-2010, 05:32 PM
2005, stock engine, yoshi slip-on, K&N, airbox lid on. elevation is 500ft ususally average temp in the summer 80 and winter is 40.

If i have to rejet i will remove lid.

well i cut the narrow end off my snorkle tube (that sticks in the airbox) thinking it would help alittle, i didnt think it would need rejetting since it wasnt much of an improvement. guess i was wrong.

now if im about half throttle 3rd gear in the yard and hit it to wide open it crackle and pops and finally opens up but not really good. if im just riding in the yard 1/4 throttle and hit it wide open it does the same thing but worse.

im thinking the needle, but sorta unsure.

it has a 116 main jet, im thinking a dyno jet because it is round, needs a flat head screw driver to get it out and is one size smaller than what is supposed to be factory.

I have no idea on the fuel screw setting or piolt size. sorry didnt think of looking at this at the time being.

all the keihen jets ive taken out was hex and needed a 1/4 socket.(400ex,250r carbs)

the needle is on the 3rd from the top. ive moved it to the fourth from the top (down one position) and it fell on its face when i stabbed the throttle. i moved it back to the 3rd from the top position.

please help

if yall can post a pic of a mainjet for a 2005 carb it would make me feel a whole ot better. the reason im asking is i bought the quad with the all the pipe and air filter and supposely was jetted. the dyno jet plug, where is it located so i can see if a SOB used that kit. i hope not

ive read and read on here that i probally need to start off with a 180 main. if yall tell me to move the needle please refer to moving the clip up or down. its gets confusing because you ca move the needle up by moving the clip down or vise versa.

im getting desparate

wckedclownz69
03-18-2010, 06:08 PM
check your air/fuel screw should be 2 -2 1/2 turns out..