PDA

View Full Version : powerlids

jayman63
03-18-2010, 03:16 PM
I have been doing some research on getting either the k&n power lid or the ehs powerlid kit with outwears. I have an 07 with hmf slip on and k&n intake with outwears. I emailed HMF and they recommend I run with the stock lid off, but i dont like how much dirt i've been seeing after riding in mud.
Whats everyones opinion on these 2? They both seem to have positive reviews.

flyboy1294
03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
MY EHS lid keeps almost all dirt out of the airbox. Even after a really dusty ride I just pop the lid off and rinse it off. The inside is still clean as it was when I started.

honda400ex2003
03-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by flyboy1294
MY EHS lid keeps almost all dirt out of the airbox. Even after a really dusty ride I just pop the lid off and rinse it off. The inside is still clean as it was when I started.

i have never had anything get through my ehs either. both lids are pretty good though so either one will work fine. i just like the ease of the ehs a bit better, no extra cleaning just rinse it out. The k&n one you have to oil and everything just like the regular filters i believe. I used to run nothing but like the ehs for the water resistance. I got a good deal on it, that is the only reason i got one. lol. steve

rooster300ex
03-18-2010, 03:57 PM
I would go EHS or make your own. Get an outerwear airbox cover for your 400ex 20 bucks, and cut your stock lid like ehs. aluminum or stanless steel will work. I used rivets and washers to secure the outerwear. Them ehs lids look nice though. 80 bucks would stray me away from that. 100 bucks for the 300ex one.:eek2:

honda400ex2003
03-18-2010, 04:10 PM
if i was going to buy one full price, i would make one for sure. lol both are too much for what you get. slightly said it right, make your own, you can even get the kit from ehs pretty cheap and you get the plate and outerwear filter just like the one you buy. steve

trx400Rider
03-18-2010, 05:54 PM
EHS is better, cheaper, and easier to clean.

jayman63
03-18-2010, 07:04 PM
thanks for all the responses. rooster yours looks sick! now you got me thinking.....

Muzzgit
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
All I did was cut out about 4" by 6" of the back part of my air box lid.

I normally run without the lid but in really wet conditions I put it back on and the filter stays dry. Just make sure you remove the drain plug so any water drains straigh out.

The bike runs a tad rich but that's no drama's