PDA

View Full Version : numbers

87HONDATRX250X
03-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi every one. I have a quick question. I have a 2001 400ex with numbers on it but i want to get a different number. The guy i bought it off got a decal place to make them for him. If i want to get some made what would be the best way to this. Measure? Draw it up? Or just bring in the plastics for them? Also when racing does it matter what color goes on what back ground? like black on white. And do i need a rear number plate? Thanks for any input.

CJM
03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
They are probably vinyl letters and can be removed with a heat gun or if you let it sit out in the sun and bake for a bit.

Once you get them off denatured or rubbing alcohol will remove any glue.

If you go down to a gfx place they can make anything you want and will have a computer to show you the projected look and relative size. At least thats the way the guy I use for my work trucks lettering does it.

87HONDATRX250X
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
All right thanks. Dont think ill need to send any measurements or any thing?

slightlybent47
03-18-2010, 12:40 PM
If you plan on racing, check with the org that you will be racing with. The one I race with will only score you if you have black letters on a white back ground.

87HONDATRX250X
03-18-2010, 01:06 PM
I saw that it had a few different color combination's but it seems every one just runs black on white.