PDA

View Full Version : just got a built ltr... not running right

Wills77
03-17-2010, 09:50 PM
hey i just bought a built ltr last night. it was about 2 hours away so idk if i could be the elevation change.
its a 08 with a yoshimura slip on, cherry bomb, hammer racing port and polish, je 13.5:1 piston, uni filter, power commander 3 usb

no i started it this morning and anything over half throttle just bogs. i figured it was sitting all winter with race gas in it so i put a fresh spark plug and drained the gas and filled it with klotz 113. but it still does the same thing. starts and idles fine just bogs anything over half throttle.

and any info on tuning the powercommander would be nice. never had one before and dont have any idea about tuning it.

660LE
03-18-2010, 07:37 AM
check the filter in the little tank under the fuel tank. theres a good chance thats clogged an needs replacing.

Baracudaaa
03-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Possible issues-

-Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Bad Injector
-Kinked fuel hose
-Fuel pump going bad
-Clogged fuel filter
-Bad PC map
-Electrical system going bad(Stator, battery, rectifier, etc.)

Ive had all these issues, some multiple times.

kyleschonert
03-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Yep. Check what Cuda said.

God I can't wait until next season when I get a new bike and ditch the dam* EFI for a carb!

Wills77
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
thanks for the help. it has an inline fuel filter instead of one in that thing under the tank.

kyleschonert
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Go back to a swirl tank filter! Those inlines cause nothing but problems!!

Baracudaaa
03-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by kyleschonert

God I can't wait until next season when I get a new bike and ditch the dam* EFI for a carb!

You are soooooo correct! I am getting sick of this bike. Its a killer bike when its running, but thats only 50% of the time!