PDA

View Full Version : Carb and pipe questions

PaRedneckRiders
03-17-2010, 01:43 PM
ok so i got 2 questions
first i have a white bros r4, and a guy wants to trade me an r4 shorty for it
Do u think its worth it, will i feel any power difference and how much louder will it b (noise doesnt really matter where i am)
ok second i had a real bad lean pop and it was leaking gas b4 well i bumped my jet up to a kehlin 155 and cleaned my filter really good but it still has a lean pop on decel
What would this b from and why does it still leak gas sometimes, i dont think the float would b sticking ive cleaned it really good a couple time like 3-4

Scro
03-17-2010, 01:50 PM
That shorty may change your power curve to be a little more top-end biased. The pop on decel is caused by being lean on your pilot jet. Where is it leaking at?

PaRedneckRiders
03-17-2010, 02:02 PM
the overflow coming from the bottom of the bowl
if i do a wheelie it leaks but thats pretty much normal but sometime if i stop it will juz start leaking almost like the float gets stuck

Scro
03-17-2010, 02:53 PM
When it's leaking, you can try tapping on the side of the bowl. Sometimes that will knock the float loose. If it does, you know that's where your problem is. I agree, it does sound like the float is sticking.

JOHNDOE83
03-17-2010, 03:50 PM
I think the r4 shorty is for pit bikes...

PaRedneckRiders
03-17-2010, 05:11 PM
the r4 shorty is not for pit bikes
its an r4 for a 400ex thats cut down into a shorty
and i no it sounds like the float but it was leaking the one time so i smacked the side of the bowl and it juz kept leaking