PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable

farmboy1
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Last fall when riding, i busted my clutch cable. this was also the day i blew my rings out. so anyway, i put the new clutch cable back on and had it run out and around my header. i have an aftermarket header, unknown brand. but anyways, i've ridden it maybe 30 minutes since, but when i turned left it pulled my cable against the header, which i know will eventually melt it down.

so right now it is in the shed and i have it run up and between the motor and the header.
is this the way most guys have theirs? this looks like it will work, is it going to get too hott in there and melt it down anyway?

My cousins quad is in my dads shed too, i looked at it and it is a different header, but his is ran between the motor and header pipe too. his has a wire coming off his header bolt that holds the cable in place. i'm going to make one of these, but am i doing the right thing?

thanks for your help

turbo j
03-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Odd as it may sound or look the cable is supposed to go between the head pipes.

CJM
03-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Ive been trying to figure out something I could wrap the able in that would insulate it form some heat but come up short.

Had an idea for flashing tape for heating ducts but its very thin and I doubt would do much.

I think I might take some rubber fuel line and split it in half and put it over the cable with zip ties.

lester985
03-16-2010, 10:30 PM
i got a longer one dont remember what bike it was for but i can loop it on side of the oil tank works good i think it was for a 450r but not sure