PDA

View Full Version : big bore questions

sportracer07
03-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Ok guys i have a friend that is trying to trade me an 06 yzf 450 that he says has a 502 big bore kit in it, i know it has a 99mm piston in it, and it says hot rods on the conn rod, but i didnt think you could take the stock cylinder to 99mm, (and it looks like the stock cylinder) this machine also keeps leaking antifreeze into the oil, do you guys know of any way i can tell if its a stroker crank or not, or why it keeps pumping antifreeze into the oil, and is it possible to use the stock cyllinder with a 99mm piston?, Sorry for the dumb questions, but im a newbie to yzf's i have always been an ex guy.

standardryder
03-17-2010, 03:34 AM
No, you cant bore a stock cylinder to 99mm. Even at 98 youd be pushing it to the max. He could be running a cylinder works cylinder, They look almost identical to stock, I dont know if they go that big though. And i think I heard something a while ago about a gauge the threads into the spark plug hole and measures the displacement. Not 100% on that. Only other way I can think is just to tear it down. And sounds like it needs a new water pump seal.

sportracer07
03-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Can i use a stock gasket kit, or do they make one for a big bore kit???

sportracer07
03-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Are there any markings on the cylinder that would let me know if it is a 99mm cylinder works kit or not??