PDA

View Full Version : to those who do custom painting

nat3060
01-26-2003, 02:34 PM
the ones working at body shops, etc...

did you go to college for it, and is it easy to find a job?

i was thinking about going to school for that because that would be something i would enjoy doing. i was just wondering if its hard to find a job.

and what are some things you paint? motorcyle parts, restored cars, car parts, etc.

250rfreak
01-26-2003, 02:52 PM
i dont paint cars i just do the custom airbrushing on motorcycles cars helmets ect. if you need more info pm me or email me at alltrack@juno.com

KP's lil'300
01-26-2003, 03:40 PM
you dont necessarily have to go to school to do it (prolly be better if 'ya did), you could also be an apprentice where you learn from an expert.

its prolly gonna be diffucult to find a job, this is a good industry, but detailing cars, helmets, etc. takes practice and most buisnesses already have their main painters.

most likely if you do it as a job, you wont just be painting the cool stuff. it will probably turn into a buisness like your local body shop where you have to paint all kinds of vehicles. if you are going to just detail little things (murals, pinstriping, and detail work) it would be best to just do the painting on the side. Kaysen