PDA

View Full Version : dc with motowoz set-up

mushinracing
03-15-2010, 09:47 PM
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AYHN004C" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="350" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

mushinracing
03-15-2010, 09:54 PM
this is another sweet set-up it has dc set up with motowoz shocks
as you can tell it is very responsive to the riders needs. i just wanted everyone out there to see if the jb and dc have anything in common. the answer is yes MOTOWOZ. just keep your eye on whos winning youth title championships and just see what those guys trust in.

raidernut
03-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by mushinracing
. the answer is yes MOTOWOZ. just keep your eye on whos winning youth title championships and just see what those guys trust in.

I know of a little guy thats won a couple of those on FOX as well::) :) :) :) :) :)

Ride1Rob
03-15-2010, 10:50 PM
I've seen some smoking kids at Dade City and they're all riding on Elkas :ermm: . Does seem to handle flawlessly though. If I had deep pockets I'd probably have a set on Jams bike.

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 08:13 AM
well at the nationals you dont have time to fool around waiting for the shock guys to fix your stuff . so why not show up with stuff that doesnt need work done , you see i ran fox before and every time it went to there rig it was always something differant . but never left the rig perfect. my sons safety is more important than having a cool looking set of shocks that dont work the same every time. dont get me wrong i think the big bike stuff is the way to go . maybe someone at fox will read this and other parents wont have to go through what i went through. when it comes to our kids safety you only have one chance to get it right. and as far as elka well maybe they will show up this year for the parents who invested there hard earned money in there product. MONEY SHOULD NEVER COME BEFORE SAFETY WHEN IT COMES TO OUR CHILDREN

#404's Dad
03-16-2010, 08:37 AM
We will be running the Jb Racing stuff with Fox Shox on both of Trevor's MX quads and I am not worried, I feel Very confident in my choice. Jodi has taken very good care of us by getting me what I order within a week or so even when things are out of stock and need to be built and to me that's a HUGE bonus in this industry!!

All suspension is only as good as the mechanic has it set up, it looks like Cole's is set up near perfect for him and that track, in most of Kodi's videos it looks as his is not set up right in the rear, either too fast of rebound or the bigger baloony tires or something but its off the ground way too much imo.

The short video that Marc @ Hot Quads posted of Cole ripping through the whoops and passing another rider didn't look to be apples to apples to me..................

Both kids look super fast and VERY talented! Good luck to both of them this year and I hope their Sponsors and Parents have not painted too large of targets on their backs for them with all this internet hooplah.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Ride1Rob
03-16-2010, 08:44 AM
I've seen kids down here who have raced with Fox shocks and show up later and the Fox shocks are removed and replaced. I don't know the reasons but that was a sign to me so I stayed away from purchasing them. I won't say anything negative about them as I don't know like it seems you do. But my son has been riding on Elkas for almost 3 years now and not one problem on two different sets. We are VERY fortunate to race at a track where the level of competition will compete with National caliber talent. Elka nor Motowoz shows up at our track and I don't think either is showing up at many local tracks across the country (If any) and last time I checked Elka was in a completely different country. Just a question, how many local US races or Canadian races does Motowoz show up to? Maybe if I purchase a set they'll drive down to Dade City to service our setup trackside.

raidernut
03-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Well scott it is true that Fox is spread pretty thin at the nationals. With most of the top pros running their shocks, im not surprised that they havent been able to concentrate more energy and time on the youth. Out West at the WORCS races with the PRO race being Sunday only, they are able to give the youth riders more attention on Fri-Sat. In the very near future we are going to be spending several days with them in a closed course environment testing and a set-up video specifically for the fox mini quad shocks. There will also be a mini specific manual available as well. The air technology coupled with the high speed -low speed settings can get complicated for the average user. And unfortunately there was some faulty information floating around back east on the set-up. I know that rear spring rates were off as well as front air pressures. The set-up specs are brand specific depending on what you run for suspension. Our atvfourplay bike has completely different settings than our DC suspended one. Once you figure it out however its pretty simple. Im certain Motowoz is a good product as well as Elka, and its all a matter of personal preference. We like the weight savings of the Floats in the front. I would argue that if set up properly, Kodi, Shake, or any of the top guns back there would make any brand look good.

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 09:01 AM
yeah your right. the new fox stuff should be good since mark spent alot of time with it . my fox stuff was from last year with dc stuff and it was a nightmare. maybe they got there stuff together this year or i just got a messed up set.. daves carters stuff never broke though after all the nasty crashes. and he is at the track for your needs. as far as rebound adjustments i am not that savy yet but im sure jody will line it out for us. thanks for your input it means alot

thequadfather+2
03-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by #8trx450r

The short video that Marc @ Hot Quads posted of Cole ripping through the whoops and passing another rider didn't look to be apples to apples to me..................

Both kids look super fast and VERY talented! Good luck to both of them this year and I hope their Sponsors and Parents have not painted too large of targets on their backs for them with all this internet hooplah.

Just my 2 cents ;)

In all fairness Hotquads racing posted a video on you tube. It was titled "Cole Shake hits the whoops". It didnt say anything about anyone else or their setup. Someone else posted the link with the comment about who was chasing who. Marc didnt compare those riders or suspensions.

I just dont see the problem, I have told Jordan to watch those kids ride because he can learn allot from them. We are not trying to steal any secrets or jump on anyone's bandwagon.

I dont fault a sponsor for supporting their rider. The kids up front will always have some sort of target on them, heck every other kid wants to be there, thats why we race. If you run up front you kinda set the standard for the rest of the kids.

BTW we run Elka's but not for the price, just because at the time that was the perfect upgrade for what we were doing and staying with standard travel. I cant complain, they have worked for us.

hotquads1
03-16-2010, 09:43 AM

Just my 2 cents ;) [/B][/QUOTE]
As Bruce said, I have not posted a video( not sure who that is that posted it ) , but I saw the video (it is in our archives on the site) , it was made by my wife for DC to see the suspension in action, but I am curious , what does not seem apples to apples ... ? I don't think it has been edited in anyway.

I do agree with you Scott, the Motowoz shocks seem to work great .
Marc

dazed&confused
03-16-2010, 09:43 AM
just keep your eye on whos winning youth title championships and just see what those guys trust in. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm...sounds to me like some people have already crowned a champion without running a race????? WE'LL SEE!!!!

#404's Dad
03-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
In all fairness Hotquads racing posted a video on you tube. It was titled "Cole Shake hits the whoops". It didnt say anything about anyone else or their setup. Someone else posted the link with the comment about who was chasing who. Marc didnt compare those riders or suspensions.

I just dont see the problem, I have told Jordan to watch those kids ride because he can learn allot from them. We are not trying to steal any secrets or jump on anyone's bandwagon.

I dont fault a sponsor for supporting their rider. The kids up front will always have some sort of target on them, heck every other kid wants to be there, thats why we race. If you run up front you kinda set the standard for the rest of the kids.

BTW we run Elka's but not for the price, just because at the time that was the perfect upgrade for what we were doing and staying with standard travel. I cant complain, they have worked for us.

As I stated "just my 2 cents" we are all entitled to our own opinions and I posted mine :)

As for "Running up front" or "Having a target on your back" , Been there done that for 3 years straight!! Actually VERY pleased to take a break this year and give someone else an opportunity to take the rains, Its NOT always fun being at the top either just so ya know.

We run Fox Shox, they have been good to us, always gotten me what I have needed whether it be for our own stuff or a customer's stuff and it has always worked great and Mark @ Fox is good to work with, Just like Jodi @ JB Racing he will get you your parts quick even if they need to be custom built or what not!!

Like I said before suspension is only as good as it is setup for that track and it's rider, pick one you like and roll with it ;)

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by dazed&confused
just keep your eye on whos winning youth title championships and just see what those guys trust in.

Hmmm...sounds to me like some people have already crowned a champion without running a race????? WE'LL SEE!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]
im talking about last year
117 lastest lap times
104 moto wins
46 overall wins
6 championships
kayle dyer womens
chase horton 90 prod 8-15
alex szymborski 90 auto-70 ss
jacob french 70 ,mod
cole shake 70 cvt
all ran motowoz last year

raidernut
03-16-2010, 10:11 AM
yeah your right. the new fox stuff should be good since mark spent alot of time with it . my fox stuff was from last year with dc stuff and it was a nightmare. maybe they got there stuff together this year or i just got a messed up set.. daves carters stuff never broke though after all the nasty crashes. and he is at the track for your needs. as far as rebound adjustments i am not that savy yet but im sure jody will line it out for us. thanks for your input it means alot

Rebound messes alot of people up so dont feel bad. The most common mistake is moving the rebound in the opposite direction of the compression. I did feel that your rebound was rather slow when I saw Kodis bike in Ca. You may want to experiment with speeding it up a bit. Just remember to go in minor increments. When you have it just perfect you will know it. Its amazing at how much harder the rider can go when the suspenion is spot on. Watching the videos, you are close, but there is some room for improvement to your settings. After watching the video of Shake, his settings look absolutely perfect. The bike acts exactly how it should while landing on hard hits, and the swingarm is following the terrain as it should. Remember there is alot to the equation, it is a combined effect of Caster, Camber, ride height, tire pressure, preload, compression, sag, rebound, hi speed, low speed that makes the difference between a bike set up just average, and one set up like Shakes. I know from experience that they had to of spent alot of time dialing that in. It can be alot to absorb for sure and not all that works on a big bike will work on a mini:)

#404's Dad
03-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
As Bruce said, I have not posted a video( not sure who that is that posted it ) , but I saw the video (it is in our archives on the site) , it was made by my wife for DC to see the suspension in action, but I am curious , what does not seem apples to apples ... ? I don't think it has been edited in anyway.

I do agree with you Scott, the Motowoz shocks seem to work great .
Marc

Marc, I apologize if you had nothing to do with it being posted on here just seems odd that your wife made the video, it is posted on YouTube by You and then a member that doesn't post in the mini section posted it on here with Ill Intentions, Looked to me like it was you, Kinda like the "If it quacks like a Duck" thing but again I apologize for saying you did it.

Sorry but I said nothing about it being Edited or Altered, I was merely pointing out that in my opinion it was not apples to apples meaning it was not a fair comparison. Cole's bike looked to be setup near dead nuts and the other not so much, if both bikes were setup by the same mechanic, both riders were equal in ability and both were equal in performance then you'd have apples to apples but heck maybe it was all like that I dunno thats why I said "Only my 2 cents" and that 2 cents was given on what was presented to me.

Hope that helps to clear up what I was trying to say?

hotquads1
03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
apology accepted, you will be able to tell my post quiet easily, they will be tagged hotquads1 .

as for the apples , I can confirm the other rider is nasty fast!(I was very impressed) I can assure you the other quad in that video was an excellent driver on a very well performing quad (national caliber) and I am sure you would agree the mechanic is also top notch.
Marc

LT80
03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
""117 lastest lap times""
Ya gotta admit, that typo is funny. :D
Shock tuning for a mini has to be harder than tuning for a adult IMO. Much less rider info from the kiddies. like mentioned, it takes watching moto's, video's and much much time.

cole shake 32
03-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Well cole has tried most shocks we started with elka then pep then Motowas then fox and Motowas and of them all my worest experiance has been fox they took 3 weeks longer then they said and then sent my front shocks and no rear then sent my rear 2 weeks later to short from what I ordered then once got them put on cole hated them sent them back to fox they tried again cole tried them again got off left the quad on the track walked to the trailer grabbed his Motowoz said I quit tell there back on alot of work to save weight and for my Motowoz that are almost perfect I have never touched them wouldnt Evan know where to start Jim hands them to me I bolt them on they work and I'm not a tuner at all I can take it apart and put it back together if I stack the pieces just right I'm glad cole can ride and has good supporters cause I'm not the tuner I get credit for being and this is just are experiance and cole has wrecked alot of stuff but run what you want we run what works for us

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 11:33 AM
im not that good at grammer, but pretty good at math, lol, and i have to say im sorry if i offended anyone im just that guy when some thing works good for us i want to tell people and maybe it will help them ,when i started my sons racing there was very lilttle discused and everything was a secert but i dont think you should keep that from others if it protects there children. i see parents dump stupid money in there motor program and go cheap on suspension. if your rider cant hold on then why have the power. the propose for me spending my money having these videos produced and trust me it aint cheap is to help all understand the value of having the right set-up. there are a few a-arm companys dc,fourplay , jb that take the time to inovate new products for our kids they all deserve a fair debate,im sponsered by jb but supoort dc and atv four play and beleive they are on top of there game. now only if we can get the players in the shock industry on board than all of our kids will benifit.

raidernut
03-16-2010, 11:45 AM
As mentioned before, the Fox's have to be set up with the proper specs (air pressure etc) without them set up right, like anything else they wont work. Once set up properly, (which isnt really that hard) they will perform as well if not better than anything on the market. Theres a reason why the Pro ATVA Champion, WORCS Pro Champion, and GNCC Pro Champion all have the Fox's in common. One problem Fox was having with the mini stuff the last two years, is the suspension companies kept continually changing their specs (swingarm length, shock mounting locations, etc) and people were using the shocks that werent spec'd out for the changes. Fox would spec out a certain set-up, and a month later the parts would change. They now have the shocks spec'd to perfection for ATVfourplays newest stuff, Dave Carters stuff, and they just finished spec'ing the JB Gen II setup. We have been racing since 2005 and have tried many different companies as well. We will stick with the Fox. Keep in mind all the shock companies have each others stuff, and know exactly what each other is doing. There is no "secret"black magic shock designs out there. It is just a matter of getting something you like, getting it dialed in, and your rider getting accustomed to it.

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 01:15 PM
yeah mark i agree with some of that but if you take my money for a set of shocks and send me somthing that could endanger my kid i dont think thats right . they know what i have when i order the shocks and i bet if you ask dave carter his jigs have not changed his a-arms are on more mini quads in this country than any others trust me have have raced a lot of places and i see whats on the quads. i just think they need to stop passing the buck and just get it right. and as far as pros go they arnt the same shock as the minis. please give us more

#404's Dad
03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
I just made Mark at Fox Racing Shox aware of this topic, maybe it will help somehow?

raidernut
03-16-2010, 01:42 PM
yeah mark i agree with some of that but if you take my money for a set of shocks and send me somthing that could endanger my kid i dont think thats right . they know what i have when i order the shocks and i bet if you ask dave carter his jigs have not changed his a-arms are on more mini quads in this country than any others trust me have have raced a lot of places and i see whats on the quads. i just think they need to stop passing the buck and just get it right. and as far as pros go they arnt the same shock as the minis. please give us more

I have yet to see a properly adjusted shock "endanger" a kid. When you get the shocks, all the settings are basically just in the middle. Its up to the consumer to read the enclosed manual that comes with the shocks and adjust them accordingly. As far as them being the same shock as the Pros, yes they are basically identical minus the evol chamber, the internals are exactly the same. I dont think they are passing any buck either. There are thousands of satisfied customers out there me included, and there will always be those who arent, no matter the product or brand.

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
i see where this is going did you mention you do all testing for fox
the guy that races the local fair race would not know where to start. thats what im trying to say both people commenting on this both have many titles and have phone # to guys with answers but what does the guy do when the nearset mini dealer is 100 miles away and only races local races. when the wrong shock is sent and he dont know any better , you see when i bought my fox set-up which i bought 3 sets none where valued the same all had diff springs. i am the guy that had no one and until i went a1000 miles to race to find out i had the wrong stuff and sure they fixed it but what about the guy whose money is as green as mine do? i dont run fox shocks now for the reason you see i was foxs customer first they lost me .im just trying to help the next guy so he can stay a fox customer. or maybe i will just make more motowoz videos.ha ha ha did i mention when jb made my swing arm fox told me 2 months and motowoz built it in3 days and sent to the track. thats why i choose motowoz.

mini racer #39
03-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Guys and Gals we have been in championship runs for several years. As far as a champion getting crowned before the first gate drops...it will never happen. Somewhere there is a kid that no one has seen or heard of ready to win races. As far as suspension I have seen the top 3's new stuff...very impressive. Keep pushing the bar higher guys it only helps us. As far as shocks...run what your rider likes and is comfortable with. All kids like different things. We run ELKA's but to make it clear these are not your typical ELKA shocks. They have been worked over by my son and ELKA etc. So your right the average guy can not buy them or tune them. IMO run what your rider likes...thats half the battle. Just my "2 cents".
Jerry

PS...Scott you forgot to tell everyone MOTOWOZ has trackside service at every ATVA National..Kevin French does excellent work.

honda250xrider
03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Jim must have sorted out a few things to have that quick of turn around, i remember waiting 2 months for my motowoz setup. I think the lesson is that every shock needs to be dialed in to the rider, whether the person operating the machine knows how to do this is a different story.
Mini's along with any other quad is the same concept. if the rider or person operating the machine doesn't know how to fully utilize the adjustments they will in fact have a shock that they will not be happy with.
Although i can say Jim does a good job at being pretty precise with his valving from the get go.

mushinracing: for the average person it may be hard to have contacts to have somebody set up the shock. But as I have done over the years call, call, call customer service is there and available take full advantage. I had to contact Jim numerous times, i live no where close to his location but using photo's/ feedback we were able to come to conclusions on what needed to be changed.

raidernut
03-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Scott you have some valid points, and Fox is working on videos and other means to educate the end users of the products. I think you misinterpreted what i said in my last post. I was not saying that your problems were your own fault, because your correct some people just havent been taught. I have always been willing to help any one out with dialing these things in. I have answered tons of PM's and emails in the last two years helping people back east out, and i help many people out at the tracks out here. I know you are in this for the right reasons and want to grow the sport as am i, so lets forget about whose shocks are better than whose, and grow it together:)

Ryko racing
03-16-2010, 02:54 PM
We have had excellent luck with MOTOWOZ, once they were dialed in we never touched them on our Cobras.

We purchased a jb and a DC for Ryan with PEP SHOCK and so far he likes them .

Both wayne ( PEP) and Jim (MOTOWOZ) are very sharp and know their way around a quad. You will be safe with either company in our opinion.

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 04:04 PM
so the moral of this story veiwers is to make sure you know how to set shocks up before your rider goes on the track. it was a hard lesson learned on my behalf and if this can help you than it was all worth it. case closed .

raidernut
03-16-2010, 04:49 PM
To set the record straight, to the casual observer of this thread it might appear that myself and Scott (mushinracing) are adverseries. This is not the case, as we talk several times a week, and share information, ideas, etc. So dont get the wrong idea. The fact of the matter is, whatever brand you decide to run, educate yourself on how they work, and what the adjustments can do to optimize your performance. For those that say Motowoz or anyone elses shocks came, and were perfect and i havent touched them since, i say that your are not getting your moneys worth on the high dollar adjusters you payed for. if your not changing settings for various track conditions, changes in tempature etc, then you are not seeing the full potential out of your shocks no matter what the brand. There is no magic shock out there that works optimally on every track without making the necessary adjustments. Dont be afraid to ask for help either, thats how you learn.

riding4fun
03-16-2010, 05:52 PM
So you going to help me Mark. Zachary's shocks are a mess....

raidernut
03-16-2010, 06:36 PM
I certainly will, get with me thursday night, we can do a preliminary set-up, and Friday practice i will get them dialed in. It might cost you a 12oz beverage however:) Are you still running the elkas?

cole shake 32
03-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Well I know you can tune shocks in for the track but those that are in the video that your saying have hours into tuning and are almost flawless are brand new never touched that's the Motowoz dc set up stock settings on two different tracks look really awesome to me

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 07:20 PM
in marks defense cole shake can make a terd look good . every once in awhile our sport is blessed with a rider like cole one who shines when the suns not out. your son is very special and will help our sport of mini atv motorcross progress to the next level. when a smokin fast kid comes out people help him through the ranks and all us other riders will benifit from it . the faster cole goes the faster are kids can go threw the technology designed for cole and other riders like him. you are a very lucky father to have cole as your son.
MUSHIN RACING INC
Scott Ward

raidernut
03-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by cole shake 32
Well I know you can tune shocks in for the track but those that are in the video that your saying have hours into tuning and are almost flawless are brand new never touched that's the Motowoz dc set up stock settings on two different tracks look really awesome to me

when I said hours into tuning i wasnt just refering to turning a few dials on the shocks, i was refering to the bike setup as a whole motor/suspension/shocks/etc.. If you have it working that well and havent spent any time doing it, then your certainly better at it than i am.

riding4fun
03-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
I certainly will, get with me thursday night, we can do a preliminary set-up, and Friday practice i will get them dialed in. It might cost you a 12oz beverage however:) Are you still running the elkas?

Yes, still the Elka's. a 12 oz beverage, you are cheap my friend.
Sorry don't mean to try to take this thread away from it's intended purpose. I will be there very early Thursday.

raidernut
03-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Not as early as me:D

cole shake 32
03-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes your right about that the total package takes tons of time Jim at Motowoz ,ty at profile performance mark at hot quads Dave at dc motorsports all have got them tuned in perfect for coles riding style

#404's Dad
03-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Yes your right about that the total package takes tons of time Jim at Motowoz ,ty at profile performance mark at hot quads Dave at dc motorsports all have got them tuned in perfect for coles riding style

Who is Building Cole's motors this year?

raidernut
03-16-2010, 07:46 PM

well keep doing whatever your doing, because its obviously working well for you and cole

cole shake 32
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Ty at profile performance70 and mark at hot quads 90 same support at last year

mxdad423
03-16-2010, 08:16 PM
well at the nationals you dont have time to fool around waiting for the shock guys to fix your stuff . so why not show up with stuff that doesnt need work done , you see i ran fox before and every time it went to there rig it was always something differant . but never left the rig perfect. my sons safety is more important than having a cool looking set of shocks that dont work the same every time. dont get me wrong i think the big bike stuff is the way to go . maybe someone at fox will read this and other parents wont have to go through what i went through. when it comes to our kids safety you only have one chance to get it right. and as far as elka well maybe they will show up this year for the parents who invested there hard earned money in there product. MONEY SHOULD NEVER COME BEFORE SAFETY WHEN IT COMES TO OUR CHILDREN

I have to disagree with you on this one, we have been running the Fox shocks on our 90 with all DC stuff since the Fox mini's come out, any time I had any issues at the track (not very many) and went to the rig, the Fox guys took exceptional care of us, and the changes they made put them right on the money. we have ran alot of differant shocks over the years, not going to mention any of them, but since we went to the Fox, Brandon will have nothing else, and I have been told many many times by differant people about how good our machine handles. Don't get me wrong, I spend alot of time setting up the front end, but once it's set right you never have to touch it again. Alot of the handleing of these machines is in the set up and it takes time.

Kevin Smitley

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 08:26 PM
like i said before it dont matter what motor cole has he will find a way to win. its hard to lose when you dont let off the throttle the whole race

raidernut
03-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I sure wish we could get back there and do more racing with all you guys. Although Buddy is definately not an MX racer he would love to run with all the kids.

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by mxdad423
I have to disagree with you on this one, we have been running the Fox shocks on our 90 with all DC stuff since the Fox mini's come out, any time I had any issues at the track (not very many) and went to the rig, the Fox guys took exceptional care of us, and the changes they made put them right on the money. we have ran alot of differant shocks over the years, not going to mention any of them, but since we went to the Fox, Brandon will have nothing else, and I have been told many many times by differant people about how good our machine handles. Don't get me wrong, I spend alot of time setting up the front end, but once it's set right you never have to touch it again. Alot of the handleing of these machines is in the set up and it takes time.

Kevin Smitley
yeah i know we came to that concusion a while ago if ya cant set it up dont let your kid run it until its right. as far as shocks go you knew how to set it up but mine the fox guys coundnt even set up write after they were done my son went out in pratice hit the first jump and over the quad went .i guess i was the only one out there that was unlucky. "differant strokes for differant folks"

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 08:54 PM
yeah mark i will bring kodi out there again he loves cali, and maybe these die hard mx's will get off the computer and race
and before you all say" if i had the money", well maybe you should try harder if thats the real reason. people say that stuff all the time but i bet they dont even know how much it cost to race on the other side of country. trust me it aint that much its half the price of a national . "if there is a will there is a way" and" if you think big you will do big"

mxdad423
03-16-2010, 09:09 PM
yeah i know we came to that concusion a while ago if ya cant set it up dont let your kid run it until its right. as far as shocks go you knew how to set it up but mine the fox guys coundnt even set up write after they were done my son went out in pratice hit the first jump and over the quad went .i guess i was the only one out there that was unlucky. "differant strokes for differant folks"

Yea your right, kinda like Ford, Chevy, Dodge, it's all in what you had luck with and what you prefer, eveybody has their own likes and dislikes.

Kevin Smitley

raidernut
03-16-2010, 09:14 PM
trust me it aint that much its half the price of a national ." [/B]

Not necessarily true, You havent hit a WORCS National yet Scott, you think ATVA Nationals are expensive. Same price for race classes, same gate and camping fees, transponder etc.... Only in WORCS the races are between 40 and 50 minutes long in some nasty conditions. So we race 3 classes which is minumum of 2 full hours of actual racing time plus all day friday practice. Now imagine how kodis bike looks after running 2 -10 minute motos in a weekend and times that by about 10. Gets very expensive to recover from that if you know what i mean. We would love to have you though!! I wish Buddy was better at MX it would be a lot cheaper.:D:D

mushinracing
03-16-2010, 09:49 PM
i meant winter training mark i dont know anything about worcs but with your help i just may

raidernut
03-16-2010, 09:54 PM
i meant winter training mark i dont know anything about worcs but with your help i just may

winter training? there is no winter in CA:D

Bowhunter69
03-17-2010, 06:11 AM
As I watch the video is it just me or does Coles right front wheel look like it toe's in real bad while it is in the air. The left wheel stays straight. Stop the video at the 29 sec, 36 sec and the 58 sec. It shows up real bad at the 2min 37sec. Is just me or do others see it. Almost seems like the upper arm is bent or broke.

Nice video and love the song.

cole shake 32
03-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Good eye in the video on last years quad he broke the upper a arm mount on both sides

Bowhunter69
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks I thought something did not look right. Your boy rides good.

mushinracing
03-17-2010, 02:40 PM
he broke his upper a-arm wow dc must be working overtime to get you new stuff was it the carbon fiber one or the chrome olly and where did it brake

hotquads1
03-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi Scott , it was actually the frame mount that broke,where the a-arm mounts too. one side broke and the other bent badly , a-arms held up fine . I think gussets will be needed in that area.
Marc

mushinracing
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
good deal so the bike will be ready for bama. i bet there were people hopin it wouldnt be . And congrats on that motor build for cole not only is he the fastest kid but now he has the fastest motor . how much can i get one for ?

raidernut
03-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Buddy has broken that whole a arm mount loop completely twice now. We started to add triangle gussets in all 4 corners and havent had a problem since.

hotquads1
03-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Scott , I am afraid Cole will kick my butt if I sell any before Bama!LOL By the way Scott whoever does those videos for you is excellent, music,editing , shooting angles , everything is quality work.
Marc

Bowhunter69
03-17-2010, 03:57 PM
{QUOTE} how much can i get one for

You know the Hot Quads rule "Not For Sale Only For Team Members" Till the end of the year.

mushinracing
03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
thank u i have 2 production companys working for me this year . i think its a great way to expose our sport of minis we are where the future is and i will never forget it.and ya got a good eye for talent nice team

thequadfather+2
03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
X 2 with Marc, those are nice videos. Maybe you can talk them into a national season youth DVD, I would buy it.

dcarter
03-18-2010, 02:18 AM
just to let evryone know the cole shake swing arm set up will be ready for sale after albama race. if you already have dc stuff all you will have to buy is the swing arm and shock. you will not need the bearing carrier or brakew plate stuff. also the new engine relocating kits will be ready after alabama as well as the full floating brake set up. dc
p.s. it may not be the GOOD STUFF, but it is the RIGHT STUFF.
just kidding.
a lot of the credit should go to cole he has the want to and trains really hard. his parents are great people and are really into racing. don't forget mark at hot quads motor runs great. we all know about the SHOCKS!
I would like eveyone to check out cole's bike at the race and see what we are up to.

dcarter
03-18-2010, 02:37 AM
hey folks, i think there are a few sleepers out there, one will be will harness in the 70 cvt class. will has been riding his cobra and has really come on with that bike in his shifting and riding . i know it will help him on the 70 cvt. we just put a slipper clutch in so he could keep it pinned! rich has the motor running strong. will has also been working out all winter and he has gottne a lot stronger and also slimmed up, check out he baggie riding gear and you can tell.
as for the 90 class i think tyler mack will do well in that class, his dad is so precise on his stuff that he will be fast. i have only seen tyler ride once and he is smooth and fast, with the new motor from rc motorsports i think he will be up front. he also has dc stuff and moto woz shocks on an apex.
i belive this year will be a good year for close racing nad a lot of fun!!!!!

Logan #34's Dad
03-18-2010, 06:59 AM
I think a little green quad will have a say in things as well. Ah, motivation. I can't wait for turn one!

Also, Scott - you understand where all this is coming from on this thread I hope. You made the bold statement to the mystery a-arm builder -well have fun chasing us this year!!!! - This is the kind of statement that gets everyone motivated to either say their stuff is better or my rider or builder is better, thus ppl are defending what they run. Knowing ya, this was your intension lol. Afterall we know we all love a good arguement on here.
I hope you understand that every father and mature (old enough to understand the game) rider will want to beat Kodi and mostly you. Same goes for Cole. Promotion is great but it puts a target on your back. We in America hate a winner, thats just how it is. Call it Jealousy, call it what you will.
There are a couple other "sleepers" coming around too. Watch for Davenport, Rummel, and oh yeah - Guyer (2nd to Shake last year) - A Couple of them won't make all the races but when they do...... look out. Logan is not a Snyder rider but them boys got some fast stuff.

drt18
03-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Well put Rocky, well put!

zach R 7x
03-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
I think a little green quad will have a say in things as well. Ah, motivation. I can't wait for turn one!

Also, Scott - you understand where all this is coming from on this thread I hope. You made the bold statement to the mystery a-arm builder -well have fun chasing us this year!!!! - This is the kind of statement that gets everyone motivated to either say their stuff is better or my rider or builder is better, thus ppl are defending what they run. Knowing ya, this was your intension lol. Afterall we know we all love a good arguement on here.
I hope you understand that every father and mature (old enough to understand the game) rider will want to beat Kodi and mostly you. Same goes for Cole. Promotion is great but it puts a target on your back. We in America hate a winner, thats just how it is. Call it Jealousy, call it what you will.
There are a couple other "sleepers" coming around too. Watch for Davenport, Rummel, and oh yeah - Guyer (2nd to Shake last year) - A Couple of them won't make all the races but when they do...... look out. Logan is not a Snyder rider but them boys got some fast stuff.

THANKS Rocky for getting that out there, i have sat here and read all the post's on here all winter and just chuckled! Nothing against Cole or Kodi they have great equipment ( seems like there parents have bottomless pockets) and are GREAT RIDERS but the guys that are running under the SMS banner will turn alot of heads this summer.Zach's #s from last year don't look to impressive ,because we did not have the power plant or the suspension but Shawn has put a ton of time and r&d into our new motor and now we are equipped with the same suspension as Brayden Guyer ran last year,i believe the skys the limit for us. like Rocky said don't count out these kids up here in Ohio, Maci Devenport has been practicing every week since the end of the season and she looks damn good! i look for her to run up frt every race. Brayden Guyer, we raced against Brayden this winter and he looks awesome! smooth and focused,don't ever count him out! some other names to throw out there that will be new to the national races but are awesome riders from Ohio and SMS built motors Wyatt Tom in the 70 cvt,Darian Tait 70 cvt, Logan Salsman 90 cvt and auto sr. and you just can't count out the rider of the green machine, i am sure Rich and Rocky will have that machine dialed in.
LOVE the videos ! keep them coming,they tell alot about there riding style,how they jump the lines they like to take,the way they like to corner etc.. NOT saying we are going to win, but i feel that every one of these Ohio riders will turn some heads this summer!

cole shake 32
03-18-2010, 08:42 AM
I consider everyone at nationals to be sleepers you never know who's going to show up on top of there game and that's why we drive all over the country racing you never know what's going to happen and for deep pockets that's not the case for me

Ride1Rob
03-18-2010, 08:46 AM
I think it's fair to say Mr. Shake if you drive all over the country to race your pockets are deeper than most lol. GOOD LUCK TO ALL the boys and girls racing in Alabama and stay safe.

cole shake 32
03-18-2010, 09:08 AM
That's fair to say but you only have to make 8 events for points and if my pockets were as deep as I'd like I'd race atva worcs and new England series that would be fun

hotquads1
03-18-2010, 09:11 AM
this 70 and 90 cvt class will be over run with fast kids!Getting on the podium in either class will be well earned. I suspect another Ohio racer will be doing well this year , Hunter Skladzien in the 70cvt , I think your right about Maci , she is gonna suprise some people. Several of the D-6 riders are coming this year , such as Travis Wotring that will be a front runner in the 70 and 90 cvt, Logan TREMELLEN, Adam DEVONSHIRE, DJ Bassani, Taylor Johnson, Dale Raven there are alot of fast riders in that area. Another 70 rider to watch is gonna be Ben Kirkland This will be his rookie year at the nats but he is riding a rocket and getting faster each race. A few of the fast Alabama kids will be there also , the Carson bros, and Robbie Boggan. alot of speedsters coming out of Tenn too, Voiles , Stockton, Horne, Coley wood the talent just goes on and on , I think we could see several of the Florida boys coming with their A-game . This will be a competitive season, I think a rider will have to be really REALLY fast just to finish 9th or 10th. I am sure we will see some new kids come on the scene too.
Marc

03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Snyder has always been a good motor builder and suspension builder. This year will be a super fast year for everyone. I seen SMS power plants on video. REALLY MEAN!!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!! Just be safe thats all!!!

Logan #34's Dad
03-18-2010, 09:30 AM
We all got to remember: There is always that rider who shows up and just puts it to all of us.
Example: Cole Shake. No-one heard of him until he came a whipped up on us. I still would have liked to see Christian and him go at it last year in the 70 class. The way Christian whipped everyone the year before...... That would have been some good racing.
See Ya all very soon.

raidernut
03-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Sounds like some intense racing coming up, cant wait to follow you guys on the computer feed, and good luck to you all. Just remember to not let the level of competition and intensity get in the way of having fun and enjoying the sport. I know a few years ago we were chasing points, and trying too hard to win races. I could tell the stress was getting to my boy, not too mention me.
I finally just had a long talk with him and myself, about just not trying to win any titles, but just going out and racing the best he could and have fun riding and playing with his friends. Took alot of stress off of us both, and the end result was 6 worcs national titles.

Good luck and be safe guys

zach R 7x
03-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Sounds like some intense racing coming up, cant wait to follow you guys on the computer feed, and good luck to you all. Just remember to not let the level of competition and intensity get in the way of having fun and enjoying the sport. I know a few years ago we were chasing points, and trying too hard to win titles. I could tell the stress was getting to my boy as well as me. I finally just had a long talk with him and myself, about just not trying to win any titles, but just going out and racing the best he could and have fun riding and playing with his friends. Took alot of stress off of us both, and the end result was 6 worcs national titles.

Good luck and be safe guys

this is our mind set this year also,we will not be at Pell city or Kentucky this year. i spent alot of money on our quad and have been laid off for 2 months,but i will be going back soon. our first race will probably be Virginia. we plan on running about 5-6 events. not worring about points at all ,just want to go out and have alot of fun,and see were we stack up with some of the fastest kids in nation. I think Hot Quads is right there are going to be alot of fast kids this year ,will be a battle!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND BE SAFE AT PELL CITY.

mushinracing
03-18-2010, 11:14 AM
well rocky talk about me all ya want. but i never mentioned one time that kodi was gonna beat anyone im not like that . but me on the other hand BRING IT. im a big boy and can defend what i say.im sorry for stepping up when others were just kicking there feet in the dirt complaing what i am doing will help our sport grow. and yes i did do some back peddling when i told the truth on the forms but after i talked to that builder i realized it could hurt him and that would only hurt our sport . what we need is unity and support for all those companys that work hard for our kids to have better stuff and ride faster ,rather they work for us or some one next to you on the gate. the more money they can make to feed there family the better off we are. i serverd for our country for a reason" FREEDOM" not to have only one person control things we need more people competing against other companys thats how we will grow. and if we dont get off r butts and do something about it then we wont have anything.and by the way cole doesnt ride for me. but i spent my money making a video for dc ,hotquads, profile performance which are competeing against us . and dont you ride for hetrick yeah i think they came down to ride at reddick with us this year. keep having fun doggin me on here I LOVE IT. "REMEMBER THE PEOPLE YOU PASS GOING UP YOU MAY NEED THEM ON YOUR WAY DOWN"
SCOTT WARD

Ride1Rob
03-18-2010, 11:34 AM

Logan #34's Dad
03-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Scott, I am not being hateful. You and I are friends. I'm just explaining why this is a hot topic. But, if you want to take it as hateful then so be it. As you know, I don't care who likes me.
You said you never said Kodi was gonna beat anyone..... well, when you say things like have fun chasing us thats how it comes across.
As far as Doggin you, You know that I don't dog people publicly, I will say what I have to say to peoples face.

mushinracing
03-18-2010, 12:52 PM
well now thats out of way . i hope you guys have a safe trip and look forward to watching logan battle to the front.your son has help my son out alot on the track and we cant thank him enough. have fun chasing year came from the set-up not the rider. my son is a young rider with alot to learn and by no means would i try to cock fight him with other parents and kids. its was an expression of the set-up jb came out with im sure you know hes the crew cheif for my team.
and i know u dont care who likes you but just so you know i like ya alot.

mushinracing
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
the rider to watch out for in the 70cc is corey boost he is not running the series but win he does watch out he put it to us this year in florida. and spencer meyer from ohio he has my set up from florida.and two kids that havent really seen that class one boy is from georgia im not sure of his name but he rolled out with cole and kodi on a 70 little more seat time and that boy will be a front runner. and dillion fallon from south florida he transfered well on a 70 . he aint afraid of the throttle. mark smith has a boy in that class also i think he pulled the hole shot last year in bama
needless to say but on the 29th of march we will all know who put there work in. good luck to all and remember its a long season and meany things can happen along the way ,enjoy the time you have with your family some familys dont have that oppurtunity.

Ride1Rob
03-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Corey had a spill a few weeks ago and it seems as though it's taken some of his confidence. He hasn't rode with the same intensity the last couple of races.

mushinracing
03-18-2010, 02:46 PM
that sucks but that happen before and he got threw it fine. hes a warrior.

raidernut
03-18-2010, 04:38 PM
how about a group hug:blah:

THARNESS
03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
I had a son leave a race last year in an ambulance. That really changed my way of thinking. I wouldn't care if my boys never won another race as long as that dosen't happen again. At the end of the day they are kids who are having fun doing what they love. I don't want to take it so serious that I ruin in for them. We all want our kids to do well, I understand that, but I hope that we can all enjoy the expierence of traveling the country with our kids and our friends sharing a common intrest. Let's let em bang bars as hard as they want to until the checkers then go and play in the dirt with each other like 8yr olds do. If you need help with your quad come ask me and I will do my best to help. If I need help I will come ask you. I hope everyone does well and has huge smiles on thier faces. Kids and parents alike.

Please drive safe on the way to bama. Stop by the Harness trailer and say hello.

God bless you all!

03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
I seen in 06 my son flipping about 4-5 feet in the air. He didnt let it go. Off and away in a ambulance he wasnt hurt, but a little bruised. I believe he rides harder now than ever before,. Its like he got braver?? I was so freaked out till we got the Xrays back. Cole said dad were still racing. I said what ever you wanna do. So I get nervous just because of this,. But saftey and proper racing gear does wonders. And im thankful of the gear!!!:) :) :)

quadrider79
03-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by THARNESS
I had a son leave a race last year in an ambulance. That really changed my way of thinking. I wouldn't care if my boys never won another race as long as that dosen't happen again. At the end of the day they are kids who are having fun doing what they love. I don't want to take it so serious that I ruin in for them. We all want our kids to do well, I understand that, but I hope that we can all enjoy the expierence of traveling the country with our kids and our friends sharing a common intrest. Let's let em bang bars as hard as they want to until the checkers then go and play in the dirt with each other like 8yr olds do. If you need help with your quad come ask me and I will do my best to help. If I need help I will come ask you. I hope everyone does well and has huge smiles on thier faces. Kids and parents alike.

Please drive safe on the way to bama. Stop by the Harness trailer and say hello.

God bless you all!

I 100% agree with you. Have Fun, race hard, but most importantly come off the track safe.
And I will stop by your trailer in Bama. Dave's too.

thequadfather+2
03-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Since we are rookies and this is our first national race I will be happy to see my two boys leave with a smile. Our goals for the weekend are simple:

1. be safe, no crashes or injuries.
2. Have fun
3. finish the race

I would like to meet some of you guys and put faces to the names. Good luck to everyone out there.

As for my two boys, kids like Kodi, Cole, Turbo and Ben are the all-stars and thats where they want to be but as they have learned, you cant get that way over night and it takes work. I know there are a bunch of other kids out there as mentioned earlier but these are just the ones we have been on the track with and watched their videos. I am sure we will see the rest of the posse next week:D

Logan #34's Dad
03-18-2010, 08:40 PM
I'll be pretty easy to locate. I'm the good looking one! Woooooo! Lol! No really, Logan rides the green DRR. Not many of them out there. #34

raidernut
03-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Rocky is that offer still open from last year for me to camp in your trailer?:D

dcarter
03-19-2010, 03:37 AM
i agree with tom, be safe , have fun and let the kids be kids. every one is invited to come by my trailor and say hello. i hope i am not to busy to talk. all of this talk is just in fun, the kids are not making lots of money doing this. it is just for fun! yes i agree with scott, competition makes things better, it has sure feuled my fire this winter. That is why i am working on things like carbon fiber a-arms and steems, i will not stop until they are the industry standard. also i belive kids should have all the things like the big bikes do such as billet front hubs, better intakes and things that work on the bike to improve the bike and make them better.
dave
p.s. drive safe and check out matt's quad at alabama, i know it's a 450 but it will have some trick stuff on it.

dcarter
03-19-2010, 08:58 AM
okay, i have thought long and hard about this before i post it, but here goes. As a lot of you know i work two jobs just to go to this races. I also carry my welding set up and a few parts from justin. last year i did not have time to turn around because i was working on everything. it cost money to have and use all the stuff i take. with that being said here is the way it will go this year.
first i am going for my kids just like you. they will come first!
second will come my team riders, they will get support at no cost, by my choice.
after that if i have time i will look at other stuff, but it will not be free and it will only come after my kids and team riders. this is a business and i am going to treat it like one. thanks for your understanding and i hope no one is offended!
dc
team riders are ryan and will harness.
cole shake
dj bassani
brabdon smitley
tyler mack
alex kersey
joel hetrick
good luck to everyone this year and have fun!

#404's Dad
03-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by dcarter
okay, i have thought long and hard about this before i post it, but here goes. As a lot of you know i work two jobs just to go to this races. I also carry my welding set up and a few parts from justin. last year i did not have time to turn around because i was working on everything. it cost money to have and use all the stuff i take. with that being said here is the way it will go this year.
first i am going for my kids just like you. they will come first!
second will come my team riders, they will get support at no cost, by my choice.
after that if i have time i will look at other stuff, but it will not be free and it will only come after my kids and team riders. this is a business and i am going to treat it like one. thanks for your understanding and i hope no one is offended!
dc
team riders are ryan and will harness.
cole shake
dj bassani
brabdon smitley
tyler mack
alex kersey
joel hetrick
good luck to everyone this year and have fun!

Thats the way things should go with a Business and I always say similar things but never stick to them lol, too hard to say no and leave someone hanging.

zach R 7x
03-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Dave,
you welded something for me at Lorrettas last year and i paid you what you asked and was very satified with the price and the work, as i do not know what i would have done if you were not there.

with that being said,i respect your post and agree that you have to support the ones that support you first.so no offence taken here.

see you at the races ...Tim

dcarter
03-20-2010, 04:18 AM
hey thanks tim, i really do not mind helping people, it just cost to run all the equiptment and it takes time away from my kids as well. i wish the other companies would have the same kind of support at the races. I know jodie does, he fixed stuff for me years ago before i got my set up. i know he is burned out on doing that stuff as well. a lot of people do not see what it takes. there is gas for the generator, sheilding gas for the welder. then all the different welding rods and grinding wheels and stuff like that. it is like i am going to work, just on the road so i have to treat it more like a business. have a great time this year and hope to see you at the races. dave

Logan #34's Dad
03-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Rocky is that offer still open from last year for me to camp in your trailer?:D

Of Course Mark! Just keep Buddy away from my girls! LOL!

thequadfather+2
03-20-2010, 11:03 AM
I came to the SEquads race a couple weeks ago, pulled in on Friday night about 9:00 pm. I ran out of time earlier in the week and didnt have the quad ready...It had a new motor and no clutch. Marc Smith came over and saw the trouble I was having and stayed until after 11:00 pm helping me. His entire family was in the bed and it was about 25 degrees outside where we were working on it. I am not a team rider and he could have said good luck.......

I would like to say thanks to Dave, Marc and all the vendors or other experienced mechanics out there that do this stuff. Dave I understand your position and respect that. I think the fact that you are willing to help others out at the track says allot about your character.

dcarter
03-21-2010, 01:52 AM
hey thanks, i know mark really helps people out and it does make the sport a lot better. if you have trouble i would try to help if i could. last year got a little over whelming. i would get to the track after driving all night long and then not get to go to bed until 11 or 12 friday night. i can't tell you how many times i would be back up at 4 the next morning and do it all over again on saturday. it made for some long drives home! two years ago i was helping hunter harper and his competion castin broke his frame in half a loretta's. i let tom from atv four play us all my stuff so they could fix the bike. when ask i told everyone that things shoul be settled on the track. even though castin's dad and i did not really see eye to eye. if all the companies would be there to help like that it would make things a lot better. my business like every one else's is down this year and it makes it harder to do things for free.
good luck this year and hope to see ya'll in bama !!!!

LT80
03-21-2010, 08:03 AM
""okay, i have thought long and hard about this before i post it""

Lemme know how all that works out for you Dave.
Chances are you'll be wrenching till the early hours as before.:)

I applaud you fellers for doing the right thing and helping all out.
Not to pat myself on the back, but I did it. I wrenched for hours on others machines in the hopes of seeing a smile on the kids face, and I think that's why we all do it.