PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone do with their time?

jesseweaver
03-15-2010, 07:52 PM
i have no idea what to do with my time lately. i get out of school at like 230 and dont have a whole lot to do the rest of the day. not really lookin for work because about april i get really busy after school every day then im done with school in may and have 14-15+ hours a day. haha just looking for something to do.

my truck gets washed about every other day i've been hitting the gym every other day and i've done about everything i possibly can to my bike and pitbike. friends are always working into the evening. and now its gonna be 60s all week and i have no where to ride :( can't stand staying inside and doing nothing or watching TV or something...

theres so many people who don't have work right now. whats everyone do?

Canadian144
03-15-2010, 08:19 PM
I usually have a ton of HW to do.

Also play 2 instruments - piano and saxophone.

Maybe you should get into R/Cs? I was when I was a kid (just small Xmod cheapos from radioshack) but have wanted to get back into it, just don't have the time.

Also maybe a BMX bike? I've been thinking of that also haha.

Or maybe just a project quad?

Pappy
03-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Freetime is for more work!

jesseweaver
03-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

haha yea i know i should but i really don't have a lot of work right now and i dont think i wanna try and find more work if its only gonna be for a month or so. i figured i might take the next few weeks off because once abour mid april hits im busy sun up to sun down until at least fall. if a few small easy quick jobs came up id take them in a heartbeat though.

and yea lol i was really thinking about getting into RC cars for the last few weeks but the last thing i need is another hobby to spend more money on. but i guess theres not a lot more to do :ermm: either work and make money or else spend it

One_Bad_400
03-15-2010, 08:40 PM
this is what i do every day after i get out of class. little bmx compound we play around on everyday. keeps you in shape. easyer on the wallet then your quad. the wrecks are simple and most of the time harmless.

there are step-ups, transfers, doubles, table tops, half pipes, wall rides. everywhere. makes for alot of fun.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/127/l_cd9738f43199423b8b602d875dcfc17c.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/149/l_c7a983fc4808468286744311421edb4a.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/121/l_d9f9e4c7af1f4e7ba36d03d3ce55ccfc.jpg

ATVMX33
03-15-2010, 08:44 PM
After work and school I go ride or work on my track
also play guitar and go to the gym

SRH
03-15-2010, 09:39 PM

amen!!

ive had freetime..and man does it suck, i beleive you gotta enjoy your work and have enough of it to fill your life up

jesseweaver
03-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SRH
amen!!

ive had freetime..and man does it suck, i beleive you gotta enjoy your work and have enough of it to fill your life up

yea you got that right it sucks hacing nothing to do. i love building, can't wait till this summer when im finally done with school i'd much rather be working

Pappy
03-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Just keep things real.....I dont really know how to relax (guess I get that from my dad) I can usually find some relief hunting and such but everything else for me is work...photography, pc work, wood working...hell even the internet turned into work with this website and racing:p

You should still work more though:devil:

eastcoastpro20
03-15-2010, 10:10 PM
go fishin!!...that was a no brainer haha

jesseweaver
03-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by eastcoastpro20
go fishin!!...that was a no brainer haha

yea trout opens april 3rd here i can't wait for that

eastcoastpro20
03-16-2010, 09:48 AM
heck go do some bluegill or bass fishin till then, on a nice day you cant beat it

Balaz_73*00
03-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Enjoy that **** because when you get a degree and start working free time doesn't exist!

jesseweaver
03-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by eastcoastpro20
heck go do some bluegill or bass fishin till then, on a nice day you cant beat it

yea i have a killer bass pond down the road from my house i try to hit that hard in the spring. you can usually pull half a dozen nice 3-4 pounders out of there in a short evening. but that doesn't get good till about may :(

tbrackman84
03-16-2010, 09:45 PM
hey man, all my buddies here at college play CODMW2 on xbox, im not all about video games, but it's reallu freakin' fun... sometimes, lol

03-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Work: Monday & Wednesday 12-7PM
School: Tuesday & Thursday 11AM-6:45PM
2nd $ 3rd job (mowing lawns and cleaning pools): Soon to start again on Friday whenever I wake up until maybe 3 hours later?

What do I do with my time between? Absolutely nothing!!! I find myself wasting away thinking about how, what, and why with things in the past and where I am today. Wasted energy if you ask me and it sucks. Other than that I sit in the garage messing around with car parts or thinking of ideas. Then I come inside and sit in front of the computer for hours. My life now days is so boring and lonely lol I work alone, I come home and sit around alone, I sometimes longboard around town alone. Every day I think of how great the past was. Friends moved, friends died, friends changed. I didnt follow so I'm on my own path at the moment.

03-17-2010, 03:19 AM
I usually just start tinkering on something. My dad gets home about the time I wake up and I have about 5-6 hours of free time before work. My dad and I usually do something around the house, to my truck, his truck, quads, something in the garage, etc. I regularly buy some sheets of wood, usually MDF and make things as I love woodworking. I'm working on a new center console for my truck right now.

312R1
03-17-2010, 03:23 AM

+1

I don't know about Pappy but I'm a workaholic...I'm always working...hell I'm a paving foreman and I get laid every winter..when I go back to work it's like a vacation because I work so hard during the winter. This winter I have parted out about 10 quads, remolded the living room, keep up with our own business orders, removed snow, work on my own quad, fixed a few snow blowers and the list goes on and on.

-Steve