PDA

View Full Version : best chain and sproket???

backwoods 400ex
03-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I was wondering what the best chain and sproket combo is for around $100?????????? THANKS

Wheelie
03-15-2010, 07:37 PM
D.I.D ATV X-ring chain, Renthal front and a good cheap steel rear. It might run a little over $100 due to the chain, but it's worth the $$.

bkelley
03-15-2010, 11:48 PM
RMATV has a pretty good chain and sprocket kits. $104 for a Primary Drive Gold X-Ring with alloy sprockets or $84 for steel sprockets. I like steel sprockets myself. Cheaper and stronger.

jcs003
03-16-2010, 02:12 AM
spend the extra money and get sidewinder(krause) chain and sprockets. it will be the last set you will ever need.

Wildbrain
03-16-2010, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
spend the extra money and get sidewinder(krause) chain and sprockets. it will be the last set you will ever need.

Don't waste your money on the sidewinder junk.

I bought into all there hype and that was the worst $$$$ I have ever spent on any chain and sprocket set. POS

Sidewinder junk is the only chain that has ever broken on me and left me stranded out on the trail. Wrote them a letter about my chain breaking experience and they totally blew me off.

Do like Wheelie says and get yourself a good D.I.D ATV chain.

jcs003
03-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Wildbrain
Don't waste your money on the sidewinder junk.

I bought into all there hype and that was the worst $$$$ I have ever spent on any chain and sprocket set. POS

Sidewinder junk is the only chain that has ever broken on me and left me stranded out on the trail. Wrote them a letter about my chain breaking experience and they totally blew me off.

Do like Wheelie says and get yourself a good D.I.D ATV chain.

i have had them for years and never broke them or needed to change sprockets or adjust chain. i have broke axles, stems a-arms tie rods and still used the sidewinder sprockets and chains after the repairs.