PDA

View Full Version : Clutch?

Jonnylightening
03-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi guys First off I'm new to this forum. I have a quick question about my clutch. First off I was riding and all of a sudden I lost the clutch. I checked the cable and it was fine. Found out that the clutch lifter piece was the problem. I went to Cernics and picked one up and replaced it. When I started turning in the clutch spring bolts I ended up snapping one off. I luckily found a replacement, not a good weekend for me. The next time round I turned them in real easy with a socket using my hand and turned them in until they felt like they stopped. Now this brings me to my question. When I was riding it seems as if the clutch is more grabby then it used to be. When I pull back on the clutch it stops(doesn't try to move forward) and as soon as I ease out on it it starts to grab quickly. Is it just because I am used to it they way it was before or should I loosen the clutch spring bolts up a little bit? Will it hurt riding it like this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Jon

JOHNDOE83
03-15-2010, 08:15 PM
everything sounds good to me, im not riding it but from what you say it sounds like it works great....lol.