PDA

View Full Version : YFZ rebuild time

412yfzfanatic
03-15-2010, 06:00 PM
hey can anyone give me an estimate of how long it will take to tear down and rebuild by atv with replacing these parts.

air filters
air box
outwears
fuel filter
parking brake off plate
front sprocket
full exhaust
carbuerator
high compression pistons
kill switch
clutch kit
stage 3 intake and exhaust cams

and has anyone built Nerfs for their atv?

this is part of my choice graduation requirement. and im looking for any good advice

412yfzfanatic
03-15-2010, 06:03 PM
im also sanding, priming and painting the plastics. i also have LED underglow kits for this. is anyone running their yfz with a kick start and the battery removed?

mxpimp2000
03-20-2010, 12:20 AM
im running complete kick start with no battery but you have to take into consideration u cant run any components that require 12v power ur stator cannot supply the bike power and add ons u have to have the battery for that.

all u need as far as ur list goes is

cam mod
jet ur carb
prodesign pro flow kit or FCI intake (UNI air filters)
slipon exhaust
stock cams are great
high compression piston if u race and want to run race gas
kill switch
brake block off
stock clutch is fine unless its worn then replace with dirtbike setup

04-08 models do not have fuel filters but you can buy a in line filter other wise theres only ones in the gas tank but why replace them?

stage 3 cams are for built motors. ex: big bores ported heads over size valves etc.

as far as building nerfs i would just buy some alot easier.

412yfzfanatic
03-20-2010, 01:12 PM
well the problem with buying nerfs is im almost out of cash and im doing this for a school project so the hours in fabricating the nerfs would help me.

i put in the high comp piston and i run a 95 octane gas in my motor and i do have a fuel filter. im workin on the cams now but i need to know where the timing marks are on it. i have a full LRD exhaust system and they are nice on the yfz's. i have the edelbrock carb for it and my buddy has one and the jets were fine right out of the box. he is at the same elevation so i hope mine works too. i replaced the clutch componets already with some brand that the dealer said works great in the yfz's. they bite harder is what they said and the fiber is kevlar i believe. ive been rushing this project and im kinda forgeting a few things.