PDA

View Full Version : Racing in KY? Louisville area

Z400Silverado
03-15-2010, 12:40 PM
I should be stationed in KY late this year and wondering about racing in the Louisville area, tracks within 100 miles. I'm interested in MX, TT, or XC ..doesn't matter, just looking for active tracks and races.

smr
03-16-2010, 12:22 PM
welcome to Kentucky. Are you gonna be stationed in Louisville?

Kentucky has a great network of MX tracks that you will find.

KORHS runs several xc races not far from louisville.

Indiana has a good XC series just across the state line.

Lets not forget Midsouths..they are mostly in western Ky and tennesse.

Z400Silverado
03-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the reply, I was starting to lose hope! That is good news though, makes me want to pick up another quad asap. And I'll be stationed at Fort Knox, around 20 miles from Louisville.

Would you happen to know the names of the near by MX tracks so I can look into them? I will also check out those XC races you mentioned. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

smr
03-17-2010, 06:49 AM
check out this link. http://www.kymotox.com/

The only track I've been to that is close to you is black rock (lietchfield, ky) and Ballance MX (smiths grove, ky) Both are great tracks and within an hours drive of Ft Knox.

You also have two indoor tracks within a resonable drive.

Earlywine and greenville.

Z400Silverado
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks, I did some searching and found like 5 or 6 tracks within 100 miles. 3 being right around Bowling Green, and 1 in Indiana was only 50 miles away.

joshyz125
04-05-2010, 07:39 PM
If your interested the Mid West Cross Country Series is central Indiana. The we run a Flat track series, both Mid-American Speedway, and the Indiana Flat track series.

RedRocket
04-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Some of the best tracks are in that area.

Bowling Green - Ballance MX

London, KY - Daniel Boone MX (Our Favorite) about hour and a half away)

Podium One - (Good track, open during the week for practice) Just north of Louisville, in Charleston, IN.

Rossville, IN - WildCat (about 2.5 hrs north on 65)

D-Track - I think near Madison, Indiana. Fun but smaller track. Probably about 1 hr away.

Check with D-Track, I think Travis is the guys name. They run a Series called Sundown and run at a bunch of fairs in southern IN and Northern KY. Very good group of people.