PDA

View Full Version : Bartow Mini Quad MX race from 3/13/10

Ride1Rob
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Enjoy....
;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc5kd7r96Ho ;)

thequadfather+2
03-15-2010, 12:35 PM
lookin' good. Was that Jam out front?

dblacks
03-15-2010, 01:58 PM
cool

yeah give a run down of the riders, hard to see the #'s

hwf-racing
03-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Jam is riding awsome especially to beat the points leader in the stock appearing class at Bartow and Dade City. Jam put on a show and its just the start for a very talented 8 yr old. Also huge props to Ryland Windsor in the 50 class for giving that little 50 hell. Good racing...see you all at Dade City in a couple weeks.

Ride1Rob
03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah, that was Jam... It's really hard to get good footage at night. That start area isn't the brightest either. It was a very good night of racing especially after all the rain we had dumped on us the 2 days before. Jam is coming along well and that was a good field of riders he was racing against. I made a suspension adjustment and it worked wonders on the bikes handling and his confidence as well. He's jumping better than I've ever seen him. Soon we'll have our new arms to work better with the Elkas and that should make him even more confident. Above all, I'm just happy to see he's making new friends and enjoying himself ;) .

Ryland is definitely coming along... He's gonna be something to be reckoned with soon.

greenmachine70
03-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by hwf-racing
Jam is riding awsome especially to beat the points leader in the stock appearing class at Bartow and Dade City. Jam put on a show and its just the start for a very talented 8 yr old. Also huge props to Ryland Windsor in the 50 class for giving that little 50 hell. Good racing...see you all at Dade City in a couple weeks.
You mean the 2nd place points rider at Dade City, I dont think Lance Walker was out there this night.;)
Dont forget Cale Deal in 3rd place on a 70cc DRR. That boy is gonna be scary if he is in the 100 class next year.
Anyone else notice Jam toying with the orange Apex....;)

greenmachine70
03-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Riders in order
Jhamir Scott 150 4stroke
Conner Peavy Apex 100
Cale Deal DRR 70
Caitlyn Fleming DRR 100
Cory Fletcher DRR90
Dalton Sargent DRR 100
Caleb Cook DRR 100
New Girl Eton 90
Haden Skellet DRR70

In the 50's
Ryland Windsor DRR50 out front

fastrnrik
03-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the comments about Ryland. He's driven for a little kid. He rides every day. He was actually 2nd the other night. Hayden Skellet was in 1st. Ryland didn't get outridden though, he just flat got out-motored. He was first out of the gates in both moto's, but Skellets bike is just faster and he would pull him to the first turn, and Ryland couldn't run him down. Skellet is a fast kid on a fast bike, so 2nd behind him aint too bad for Rylands fourth race ever. I got some stuff cooking and I'll be taking care of the "horsepower deficit" shortly..... haha. We'll have something for dem other 50's at Dade City soon enough! LOL

Jam was AWESOME! He was rolling it on! Him and Connor are fun to watch when they go at it lap after lap. Cale is amazing on that 70. That kid can flat ride!

Bartow is a cool track. Lots of mini's the other night too. Like 9 50's I think? At least 9 or 10 90's & 100's. Hopefully the good mini turnout stays the same. We should be back next weekend if my schedule permits.

quadnana7
03-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Great video Jam looked great and so did the competition.
Tell him congrats

Ride1Rob
03-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
Jam was AWESOME! He was rolling it on! Him and Connor are fun to watch when they go at it lap after lap. Cale is amazing on that 70. That kid can flat ride!

If we can get Mr. Goodman to bring Colb out to race that would be a nice 4 way battle for 1st place. We won't make the race this weekend because I have to work and hopefully we'll have our arms back in time for DC on the 27th.

Originally posted by greenmachine70

Anyone else notice Jam toying with the orange Apex....;)

Ummmm, I wish he were that good. I think it's safe to say he was too relaxed at times when he couldn't hear Conner behind him and would slow his pace. When he'd hear Conner get close to him again he'd pick it back up. After a nice lil talk with him after moto 1 he checked out on the 1st lap the 2nd moto and didn't look back. He's gettin there but we have a ways to go to compete with the talent at DC. Seat time and skills will continue to develop... ;)

greenmachine70
03-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
If we can get Mr. Goodman to bring Colb out to race that would be a nice 4 way battle for 1st place. We won't make the race this weekend because I have to work and hopefully we'll have our arms back in time for DC on the 27th.

Thanks for the compliments Mr. Scott....
Once we get our motor dialed in correctly and the spare built, I can assure you we will be running both series as much as possible. Should have both ready in 3 weeks or less.
Next DC race should be a little more interesting.....:D

Ride1Rob
03-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Once we get our motor dialed in correctly and the spare built, I can assure you we will be running both series as much as possible. Should have both ready in 3 weeks or less.
Next DC race should be a little more interesting.....:D

:muscle:

hwf-racing
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Next DC race should be a little more interesting.....:D Do we still have the DRR???? Hunter's Apex is starting its transformation. It will take about another month. You and Rob will see some of whats going on at DC. HOPEFULLY POSITIVE. Derek

greenmachine70
03-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Do we still have the DRR???? Hunter's Apex is starting its transformation. It will take about another month. You and Rob will see some of whats going on at DC. HOPEFULLY POSITIVE. Derek
Yep, still have the DRR, correcting the engine issue and building a spare motor at this time.
Transformation????? Ummm that aint right to make us wait like that....how about a hint?.....LOL

Ride1Rob
03-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Do we still have the DRR???? Hunter's Apex is starting its transformation. It will take about another month. You and Rob will see some of whats going on at DC. HOPEFULLY POSITIVE. Derek

Oh yea, UNLEASH THE BEAST! Tell Hunter to hang on :devil:

fastrnrik
03-17-2010, 11:10 AM
HaHa... I know what they're up to! Hunter's comin!!!! hahaha

Ride1Rob
03-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Now only if we can get him to bring Hunter down to Bartow so the boys can all get to race each other.

fastrnrik
03-17-2010, 12:50 PM
He's busy training with another mini at a top secret location.
TT turns are excellent practice...... ;) ;) ;)

nordic quad
03-17-2010, 02:35 PM
You guys have all the fun.Great riding from Jam Rob and it looks like the Typhoon has the power to compete on a high level now.congrats to you both.

Stein A

greenmachine70
03-17-2010, 05:06 PM
He's busy training with another mini at a top secret location.
TT turns are excellent practice...... ;) ;) ;)

Do tell........:confused:
Thought we were all friends here, and friends dont keep secrets........LOL;)

Ride1Rob
03-17-2010, 05:30 PM
What Steve said!!! You guys cheatn on Steve and I behind our backs :mad: NO GROUP RIDES THE DAY AFTER A RACE!

Nordic, we've got the motor dialed in. Now I'm working on the suspension. Wish we could have hooked up when you guys were on this side of the pond. You get to see any racing?

fastrnrik
03-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Derek said he would kick my basset hound if I told anbody anything! hahaha

I will say that Hunter has two guys "helping" him..... a fast TT guy and a fast MX guy. They're going to whip that kid into shape!
Or so I've heard.... hahahaha

fastrnrik
03-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I can't help that you guys live down in BFE and won't come up to the big metropolis of Ocala to ride! LOL

nordic quad
03-17-2010, 06:01 PM
What Steve said!!! You guys cheatn on Steve and I behind our backs :mad: NO GROUP RIDES THE DAY AFTER A RACE!

Nordic, we've got the motor dialed in. Now I'm working on the suspension. Wish we could have hooked up when you guys were on this side of the pond. You get to see any racing?

We will be back soon Rob,we where all ready to go when Sondre told me he could not bare to watch other kids race after not being able to race himself for 3months,i guess that was bugging him moore than i thougth.I guess you will let us know how the new set up works.We are now waiting on a crate with Sondres new quad.Ps our new sponsor is also the main importer of the Fym Typhoon up here.
Stein A

hwf-racing
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Brady really does have a Basset hound. Ya'll so funny:) You just have to wait It's still a little ways off but things are def going in right direction. It's tough trying to keep up with you Bartow boys. Derek

Ride1Rob
03-17-2010, 07:02 PM
LOL, Brady may live up North, but he's a Bartow boy bc that's where he started Ryland racing 1st lol. You're outnumbered Derek :blah:

fastrnrik
03-17-2010, 07:25 PM
haha... a Bartow boy. Thats funny! Ryland does really like it there!
I think Wayne is more of a Bartow boy than me LOL

I like that track though. The staff is nice, they take care of the track, and it's a nice laid back place. It's cool to go to crazy Dade City and then to chill Bartow. They kind of complement each other. haha

K&K Motorsports
03-17-2010, 07:42 PM
There you go you just had to throw me in there. I must say I love it at Bartow. We can all go out and hang out and race and relax without all the drama. The turn out has been getting alot better and hope it continues growing.

Looks like we are going to try out DC in a few weeks.

I have to say it is a blast watching all the little guys out there they are riding their buts off.

We will be adding another mini rider here in a few weeks. we will see how he reacts Saturday at practice.

fastrnrik
03-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Well you ARE the fastest old guy out there. At least until your new best friend comes out to race with ya. hahahahaha

I like it out there too. Reminds me of another place we used to race at......

I'm sure that new mini rider will do fine. Just don't let his dad give him riding (crashing) tips! LOL

greenmachine70
03-18-2010, 06:55 AM

Its a conspiracy Rob, I can feel it. You boys better recognize when your messin with Poke County.........;) LOL

I can definitely tell you we have your track on the radar. Once all my engine issues are out of the way and Rob gets a weekend off, we are there....
I know what you guys mean about the DC intensity and the laid back feeling at Bartow.
Derek, I have a feeling a podium is in Hunters future soon.

Ride1Rob
03-18-2010, 08:38 AM
LOL, man I sure would love to get up to Brady's place. But every weekend I'm off we're racing either DC or Bartow and doing this is paying off for Jams confidence.

Steve and I were talking last year how much we like Bartow because it's so laid back and how the staff treats the kids. It's safe and it's fun and they try and keep it that way. From the parents I've seen there watch the boys and enjoy the races standing together. There are a couple of exceptions to this though lol.

fastrnrik
03-18-2010, 10:34 AM
No! Dem strange Poke County people aren't allowed up here in sophisticated Marion County! We don't want our gene pool polluted!!! LOL

Hunter will be just fine..... ;) ;)

hwf-racing
03-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Dang ya'll make me laugh so hard I'm going to mess myself:eek2: Thanks for the compliments on Hunter!!!!It's great to have that from You guys espically(sp) how fast your kids are. Derek

Ride1Rob
03-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Derek, with the extra ponies Hunters gonna be just fine! Like stated before he needs seat time more than anything else. Would be good if you could bring him to Bartow on 4/24. After DC's race on 4/10 it'll be a month before the next one on 5/8. Will be a good chance for Hunter to ride on a different track as well as race with the boys. The turnout should be nice as well.

greenmachine70
03-19-2010, 10:51 AM
No! Dem strange Poke County people aren't allowed up here in sophisticated Marion County! We don't want our gene pool polluted!!! LOL

Hunter will be just fine..... ;) ;)
Brady, next time you boys go out of N. Lakeland and into the green swamp up 471. Just roll your windows down and turn the radio off and listen for the banjo music. Thats when you know you are in POKE Co.
Just hope you dont have vehicle troubles out there or you guys may be in The Deliverance pt2....LOL
Seriously it is great to have met your crew and HWF as well.
Hope we can make that Bartow race because it is fun out there and stress free.......

hwf-racing
03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Derek, with the extra ponies Hunters gonna be just fine! Like stated before he needs seat time more than anything else. Would be good if you could bring him to Bartow on 4/24. After DC's race on 4/10 it'll be a month before the next one on 5/8. Will be a good chance for Hunter to ride on a different track as well as race with the boys. The turnout should be nice as well. I will really try to make it, Remember he's playing baseball also and coach is not to happy to lose his starting pitcher, and shortstop. I will try to make it happen

Ride1Rob
03-20-2010, 11:02 AM
That's understandable Derek. You only can do what you can. I asked Jam if he were interested in other sports and he stated he would like to play bb, fb, bsktball, etc... But said he wants to race 1st. Racing just conflicts with majority of the sports because their played on the weekends.