PDA

View Full Version : More Steering?

nouseforaname01
03-15-2010, 05:31 AM
I recently put on a dual arm kit on our TRX and was wondering how do you guys get more steering out of these little quads. It seems that now with the new arms that it makes really wide turns not good for XC riding. I thought about cutting the tabs on the steering stem or would it be better to just buy one if that would solve our problem.

etondaddy
03-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Who's kit is it.......you may have to drill new holes in the 400 spindles and move the tie-rods up.

Mike Kozura

nouseforaname01
03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
It is an older hre kit with 400ex spindles and hubs, it all lined up good and straight it just does not have enough steering and looks like it should more.

etondaddy
03-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I'll take a vid and show you what I mean....

Mike Kozura

nouseforaname01
03-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey thanks Mike, dig the video thing so much better than pics, plus you get the here what the person is trying to tell you.

etondaddy
03-15-2010, 05:08 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yKJuQor5UOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yKJuQor5UOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mike Kozura

nouseforaname01
03-15-2010, 10:02 PM
thanks for taking the time to show me that little tip especially if it will save me some money. I am going to try this and if I can not get enough steering I may mess with the steering stops, Again thanks for the help

Zach#21
03-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Mike,
I have Robb's set up with a stock stem. I have already drilled the spindles but still needs more steering. Should i put an aftermarket stem on?

etondaddy
03-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Zach#21
Mike,
I have Robb's set up with a stock stem. I have already drilled the spindles but still needs more steering. Should i put an aftermarket stem on?
Take the stock stem out and grind down the stops and see if that works........you have to watch the tie-rods don't hit the arms anywere........worst case it don't work now.....yea know. If you buy a new stem call Robb and get the one he recomends.

Mike Kozura