PDA

View Full Version : trinity or sparks pipe

trx400Rider
03-14-2010, 10:53 PM
which exhaust do yall think sounds better? I cant really decide, The sparks exhausts is about 560$ and the trinity is like 415. Which one would you go with?

mineralgrey01gt
03-14-2010, 10:56 PM
never heard either in person but id go with the sparks for the more power put out. I need to find more people with 400ex's local. I need to listen to some exhaust clips. I absolutely love my shorty supertrapp but man its too loud sometimes and I worry about getting told something for the noise

trx400Rider
03-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I read somewhere that the sparks adds the most hp. But its like 1/2 more than the trinity. I never heard the sparks or trinity in person, just videos. IMO 1/2 hp isnt worth about 150 more bucks. But I just want a good sounding exhaust. Hmf and yoshi are good. But all my buddies have them, and would I like something different.

RCWells
03-15-2010, 05:12 AM
i LOVE my Sparks x-6! I have a HMF on my Rubicon and it sounds great, but the Sparks is just awesome! Power is outstanding for just adding a pipe too! Search my posts and i have a vid link posted and pics of it installed.

trx400Rider
03-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by RCWells
i LOVE my Sparks x-6! I have a HMF on my Rubicon and it sounds great, but the Sparks is just awesome! Power is outstanding for just adding a pipe too! Search my posts and i have a vid link posted and pics of it installed.

Yeah I seen your videos on youtube. Im Cat500i. I got a few videos of my 400 on youtube also. You have one of the nicest sounding 400s on there. Im goin to buy a EHS racin lid like yours. What kind of ket kit did you buy?

RCWells
03-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by trx400Rider
Yeah I seen your videos on youtube. Im Cat500i. I got a few videos of my 400 on youtube also. You have one of the nicest sounding 400s on there. Im goin to buy a EHS racin lid like yours. What kind of ket kit did you buy?

Just went with Dynojet kit. I don't think you'll regret going with the Sparks. I'm sure there are plenty others that are good, but after the poll I posted on this forum, the overwhelming consensus was to go with the Sparks. I am more than happy with the decision.

Cool Guy07400EX
03-16-2010, 12:58 AM
I also have the sparks x6 big core. And it is just such a nice pipe. Sounds great. Really great. Haha and the power was very noticeable. Mostly in the mid to the top but that's because i got the big bore and well...my engine isn't bored. So it took away from the bottom a tad. I got it right back with a 13 tooth sprocket though. If you don't think you're ever going to bore or stroke go with the std core for sure. Unless you want a lot of mid to top end. Which by the way it gave me A LOT of top end.
So it's up to you but I'd definitely get the sparks over the trinity.
Look around and see if you can find it cheaper. I got mine for about 490 with ceramic coating at a local shop. :)

trx400Rider
03-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Yeah, that isn't a bad deal really. Especially with the ceramic coating, and big core. Which exhaust do you think is the louder? The sparks or trinity?

Cool Guy07400EX
03-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Probably the Sparks. But I honestly don't know.