PDA

View Full Version : 06 Trx450er Jumps Into Gear From Neutral?? Any Ideas? Help!!!!

BUBBA Livesay
03-14-2010, 01:41 PM
I got a 06 Honda Trx450ER and i just bought it off a guy and when ever i rev it up it jumps into second gear. The guy said that he never had any problems with it and had a Rekluse in it for two races and then took it out and hadnt rode it since till i met up with him to buy it. It goes through all the gears fine. If you reachdown with your hand and move the shifter into neutral you can kind of feel a in between spot or somethin? Is this something that NEEDS to be fixed or would it be ok to run? It doesnt make any grinding or any noise. I have pulled off the clutch basket and looked at the shift shaft rods and all that and it looks fine. Any one have any ideas, Or ever had this problem? Thanks!!

QuadRacer041
03-14-2010, 02:23 PM
its the paws and springs inside the shifter drum. when there start to where it will jump into gear. on the right side of the engine remove the clutch assembly and basket its at the bottom on the motor, where the shifter shaft attaches. not an expensive fix.

450rJam
03-14-2010, 03:24 PM
just went through this on yfz450, the little shift star wasnt lined up

BUBBA Livesay
03-14-2010, 04:10 PM
ok i have it tore apart down to that... Is it the spring that the the shift shaft comes through and goes through? and the lever deal that attaches to the shift shaft? thanks for your guys help, it had me stumped:ermm:

BUBBA Livesay
03-14-2010, 04:20 PM
ok i looked it up on a parts finder, and i see the 2 plungers(DO I NEED BOTH?) and i also see the 2 springs(NEED BOTH OF THESE?) and i also see 2 pawl plungers(NEED THESE?) i also see the shifter drum(SHOULD I JUST GO AHEAD AND GET THIS TO?) I just want to make sure that this is the right things im needing? and it would prolly be best to just order all of these so everything is new and good to go, im assuming?

QuadRacer041
03-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BUBBA Livesay
ok i looked it up on a parts finder, and i see the 2 plungers(DO I NEED BOTH?) and i also see the 2 springs(NEED BOTH OF THESE?) and i also see 2 pawl plungers(NEED THESE?) i also see the shifter drum(SHOULD I JUST GO AHEAD AND GET THIS TO?) I just want to make sure that this is the right things im needing? and it would prolly be best to just order all of these so everything is new and good to go, im assuming?

yes replace 2 plungers, 2 springs, 2 paws and the drum outer

BUBBA Livesay
03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Ok Thanks a million! I owe ya a six pack or somethin:D Ill get them ordered and let ya know how it goes, Thanks again I really appreciate it!!

QuadRacer041
03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
no prob, ive had it happen to me and know of a few other people too, thats the fix fo sho, lol.

BUBBA Livesay
03-14-2010, 04:52 PM
SWEET:devil: LOL and that drum outer is the piece that the paws push onto correct? and not the piece that the springs and plungers set in? Sorry if im being a pain, I just wanna make sure i get it all right :confused:

QuadRacer041
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
yea the outer piece that the paws push into.

300racer
03-14-2010, 07:32 PM
brent i'll take that 6 pack. I did come look at it and give my opinoin!:p yeah it is messed up! lol

BUBBA Livesay
03-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Mikey how bout you bring me a case once the parts come in and we'll put it back together lol :p The parts are ordered and on the way!