PDA

View Full Version : New to kfx (fuel injected)

yfzrider45
03-14-2010, 12:32 PM
brand new to kfx, do i have to jet anything to change up the exhuast??? fuel injected is newto me lol...i'm coming from an 04 yfz450

yfzrider45
03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
of course nobody helps

gotboostido
03-14-2010, 04:53 PM
hey, whats up, i also came from a yfz450. i did a full yoshi, fuel intake and a programmer.. and it really woke up the kfx450.. imo you should be alright without the programmer with just an exhaust. what do you think of the bike so far? i thought it was a bit on the slow side myself. i also do some ridding in middlebore. maybe ill bump into ya somtime.

DeuceDeuce
03-14-2010, 04:59 PM
In four hours you were already offended that your question hadn't been answered? The Kawi section on this forum doesn't get a ton of traffic. Exhaust alone is no big deal but you also won't see much of a change in performance outside of making it louder. Add an intake and then do the proper fuel mapping and it should really wake up for you.

yfzrider45
03-14-2010, 06:04 PM
i havnt been on in ages lol, its been 3 years......it used to be ask a ? an everyone responds ASAP lol. but the kfx is sweet & yea i'm rippin out the box an putn in the K&N pro-flo sdnt wory......what part of middleboro do u ride in? track?

gotboostido
03-14-2010, 06:17 PM
hey man, idk about that proflow. i did lots of research on intakes for the bike. and i came up with fuel,fci, and a custom on on fleabay. and i went with an fci setup. you have to replace the entire intake setup. its tiny. almost a joke. theres a huge difference after doing the big3

yfzrider45
03-14-2010, 07:38 PM
aww really wtf...def look into tht. what full exhuast is the best for it?

gotboostido
03-14-2010, 10:04 PM
well if your a racer. maybe the dasa,fuel and dynojet commander setup. i have the yoshi rs-2 full system the fuel custom intake and the dynojet power commander check out this guys site.. free custom maps... im using one... ttp://www.fuelatv.com/KFX450.htm although im using a fuel custom intake try goggling fci intake for info on that intake.. or go to kfxcentral.com later.

DeuceDeuce
03-15-2010, 08:19 AM
I'm running the fuel customs intake and airbox with a Motoworks SR4 and I love it. The site is fuelcustoms.com and Garrett is awesome to work with. The intake and airbox are super slick and very OEM looking. In my opinion its what Kawasaki should have built. -Keith

MtnEX
03-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Go to the KB Motorsports website and get yourself the exhaust I have... the Jardine RT99.

$610 system and they have them at over 40% off. $365 I think... best bang for the buck mod you can do.

Dyno proven to make as much power as anything.... but at a legal 99dB, which the others can't do.

I had a YFZ also, but like the KFX better, except for the additional complication that comes along with the EFI... and the higher body lines on the rear fenders.

hondaracer_34
03-17-2010, 10:01 AM
If you change to a full exhaust, your going to want to run a PCIII or PCV. If you put on a slip on, you'll be fine. Like mentioned, not many KFX guys come to this site. Theres w w w. k f x 4 5 0 h q . c o m to get the most kawi 450 info. Just my $0.02.