PDA

View Full Version : Jet reomendations

BKLEM
03-14-2010, 09:37 AM
I just got a full dcm alien exhaust, so now i need to jet it, i don't want to buy a dyno jet kit and have a bunch of jets that i will never use so what are you guys running with a similar setup, all stock except for exhaust and filter. and im at 538ft elevation.

Pabst_Powered
03-14-2010, 02:53 PM
I had this system on mine till about a month ago, Im at 627ft and was running Dynojets 158 main w/ K&N. A Dynojet 158 = Keihin 175, I'd buy a few different ones from jetsrus(170, 172, 175) or the whole kit for $30 just to be safe, theres also a conversion chart for different brands in the FAQ's on jetsrus....also it's DMC Alien not DCM...good luck, mine ran great

BKLEM
03-14-2010, 07:11 PM
is the main all i change when rejetting for an exhaust or am i supposed to redo the pilot and others

Pabst_Powered
03-14-2010, 07:21 PM
you could put a 42 pilot for better cold starts, when I still had the 38 pilot in it would take awhile to warm up when below 30 degrees, it would backfire and sound like a 22cal. goin off, a 42 pilot cleared it right up...also make sure to never put the quad on the grad bar, the muffler hits before anything else, a buddy of mine rode it and bent and broke the studs where the muffler meets the mid-pipe, just a FYI....also I think I was 2 1/4 turns on the air/fuel screw

BKLEM
03-15-2010, 05:32 PM
ya its a little bit late for the tip on the pipe, i was doing wheelies with it right after i put it on and must have hit the ground because the bottom of the pipe is already bent in. Luckily it didn't break it off or anything though. But thanks for the help with the jets.