PDA

View Full Version : swingarm bearing question

profarmall
03-13-2010, 10:22 PM
i bought a trx250r i think its a 97 but the bearings on the front of the swingarm where it bolts to the frame are bad ive tried a few things but i havent had any luck so any tips would be a help

1989trx250r
03-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey Profarmall! 250r's were only made from 86-89 in quad form...lol. When I first got my 89, I had the same problem. There is a giant bolt that goes through the swingarm and attaches it to the frame. Alot of times that bolt becomes seized and impossible to remove, believe me I tried heat and beat and penetrating oil for like a week and still couldnt break it free! I ended up cutting the bolt between the frame and the swingarm with a sawzall and replacing the bolt and the bushing set. The bushings were no picnic to geat out either. I used a blind hole bearing puller and had to heat the area then spray penetrating oil, then pull the bushings with a slap hammer attached to the blind bearing puller. If you can, find out what year your quad is and buy the bushing set from Pivotworks, they are quality and much cheaper than oem. Also, buy the swingarm bolt for a 400ex, its the same size, but much cheaper from the honda dealer. Hope this helps!

Oh if you post a pic of the area we will be able to tell you what year your quad is.

Jason