PDA

View Full Version : wayne national forest restrictions?

TRXordie
03-13-2010, 06:59 PM
im curious how strict wayne national forest is on width and other requirements? i have never been stopped and inspected but i also havent been there in quite some time. any info would be great!

400exc
03-15-2010, 08:36 AM
I went there this past year, and we had some pushing the 50" mark, but noone stopped up to check or anything. We didn't see and form of law the two times we went there this year. But 50" will be pretty close to hitting trees in some tight spots on the trails.

TRXordie
03-15-2010, 08:41 PM
thanks for the info. i had heard rumors u had to ride through some cones to prove your width. most of our group is right at or just over 50 inches and im nervous we will be turned away. how bout exhaust noise? any issues there?

Wildbrain
03-16-2010, 02:59 AM
I'm at just over 50" and have never been checked for width, or have never heard of anyone getting checked for width or noise.

Just don't ride around on the roads cause there is a Hocking county sheriff that thinks he owns the trails and he will write you a ticket.

Also make sure that you have your permits. Been checked for that a few times.

400exc
03-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Noise is not really an issue, unless you are trying to cause problems. Like TRXordie said, try to stay off the roads, then you will be completely fine.