PDA

View Full Version : what should i do?

saponi1
03-13-2010, 06:58 PM
i have a 1986 big red. i'm thinking of selling it, but i have one small problem. my dad bought it brand new in 86 when i was 10 years old. for 23 years it has provided us with reliable work and fun. of all the things i have, this is one of the few that i've had for so long. it has its share of scars, but it does without complaint. it's almost like an heirloom. those of you that have owned any atv that long know what i mean. what do yall think?

CaptainCanuck
03-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Unless it's a last resort type of deal if you're in a bind, then do it.

If not, the small profit you'll make on it will not compare to the sentiment of it. You'll sell it today and kick yourself in the *** tomorrow.

saponi1
03-13-2010, 07:42 PM
you're right about the sentiment part. i'm not in a bind. i got a ex recently, and i'll take that whenever i go ride. it's just one of those things you get attached to, even though i've been attached since day one. i'd have to do some light restration on it, and a carb rebuild. thats not as easy as a fourwheeler cuz the carb is tucked right behind the top bar. it would just be hard to sell it and worry it didnt go to a good home. one more thing, why do i have to sign in every time i post something?

KAWIRYDER
03-14-2010, 10:40 AM
My philosophy is if you don't use get rid of it. Let someone else enjoy it. JMO:D

TGW_400ex
03-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I honestly isn't worth much anyways so whats the point?

miller821
03-14-2010, 01:14 PM
We have a '92 GMC that my dad bought brand new in '91... He had to buy it after I was born (1990) because they didn't have enough room in their current truck....

Needless to say its been passed down too me for real cheap, and I don't think i'll ever let go of it. It is in GREAT condition, but someday it will be fully restored and won't be my daily driver.

So I vote for keeping it, and eventually fixing it up!