PDA

View Full Version : woint stay running

kawasaki1
03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
ive got a 08 450r that will start but will not stay running anyone got any ideas maybe coil

MtnEX
03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Are you pulling out the knob on the throttle body?

If not, find the round knob and pull it out.

hondaracer_34
03-16-2010, 06:26 PM
it sounds like your roll over sensor. check it out and see if you knocked it loose.

kawasaki1
03-16-2010, 07:13 PM
yea i found it yesterday thanx

gulley421
03-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I am having the same problem with mine. Where is the roll over sensor located? My kfx fired up and ran a few minutes, I then turned it off. I started it to warm it up before my race and just as I started to pull off it shut off and would not start back up. Its getting spark and I can hear the fuel pump running. I even bypassed my power commander III and it still would not start. I took the spark plug out and it was dry. Just seems like it is getting no fuel. It ran fine during my last race 4 weeks ago:confused:

gulley421
03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by gulley421
I am having the same problem with mine. Where is the roll over sensor located? My kfx fired up and ran a few minutes, I then turned it off. I started it to warm it up before my race and just as I started to pull off it shut off and would not start back up. Its getting spark and I can hear the fuel pump running. I even bypassed my power commander III and it still would not start. I took the spark plug out and it was dry. Just seems like it is getting no fuel. It ran fine during my last race 4 weeks ago:confused:

never mind, I found another post with the roll over location. I will check it tomorrow

gulley421
03-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I checked all of my conections and they were all fine. I guess I will order a new roll over sensor this week, if thats the problem. I heard someone mention the TPS or maybe the battery?????

hondaracer_34
03-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah the batteries on these are ridiculous. Do you have your Roll Over Sensor on the right side? If not, it will still mess up. If its on right, dont buy a new one, it cant be bad.

This is a great site, but if you want more KFX450r info bro, go to www.kfx450hq.com , there are TONS of threads about the TPS Sensor, I was going to post a link to one, but when you go there just search it, alot of threads will pop up. Goodluck

gulley421
03-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Thank you hondaracer_34 for the info. All I can say about the kfx450hq forum is...WOW I wish I knew about this site earlier, alot of great info. Hopefully the problem will be solved tomorrow after spending well over an hour tonight on the site. Thanks again

hondaracer_34
03-30-2010, 08:57 AM
No problem man