PDA

View Full Version : Nocona, TX on Wed

krazykurtk
01-26-2003, 10:18 AM
I plan on heading to Nocona for practice on Wednesday afternoon. Anyone else going?

MxDale71
01-26-2003, 10:13 PM
I would like to go but I prolly won't even have my quad back by then. Are you going to be out there on Sunday? If Action Powersports isn't done w/ the updates to my quad by this weekend, I'm just gonna pick it up and tell them they can finish working on it next week. I am definitely gonna make it this Sunday.

Razorback
01-27-2003, 07:46 AM
I'm planning on being there Sunday, but I won't be there on Wednesday. I just can't get away from work early enough to practice this week. We'll have to be sure to meet up on Sunday.

krazykurtk
01-27-2003, 09:05 AM
I plan on going. Hopefully I'll have Kari back to DFW for her 5:40 flight that day!

beyer05
01-28-2003, 03:51 AM
I hope to be there on Sunday for the race. I might ride down with Johnny. Hope I can halfway keep up with those Miller boys!

Razorback
01-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Hope you get to come down man! Should be fun. That's a great track. Very fast.

MxDale71
01-28-2003, 11:33 AM
I'm gonna leave here in about 5 minutes to pick up the Dale from the shop. I won't be at Nocona on Wednesday, but I'll definitely be there on Sunday. I'll see you all there hopefully. Just look for me on the quad that is made by the company that doesn't exsist anymore :( :( :( :( :(

zerorider
01-28-2003, 11:47 AM
Doublezero and I will be there Sunday, we can't make it Wed. due to work and school. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there.

beyer05
02-01-2003, 02:38 AM
Looks like I won't be able to come this weekend. Some other stuff came up and I will just be racing at the lame tracks around here. Maybe the next one???

beyer05
02-03-2003, 05:53 AM
Well..........how did everyone do?

Razorback
02-03-2003, 08:31 AM
Well, krazykurt went crazy and won the 4-stroke class. He over-jumped the finish line jump (during practice I think), so I'd like to hear from him about that :D He did great in both his motos, finishing 2 and 2 for an overall 1st place.

I made the mistake of running two classes again, which just killed my arms and my thumb :) considering I haven't ridden in about 2 months. I finished 8th of 16 in both classes, 30+ and four stroke. The track was great, and depending on your opinion, was definitely a challenge with some pretty rough braking-bump sections. The track is a mile and a qtr, so it was a challenge.

Cody was leading Hunter in the first moto of the pro class, but broke his rear shock on about the 3rd or 4th lap, and was out of the race and didn't make the 2nd moto. Hunter was a good half-lap in front of everyone else.

Johnny made an appearance. He seems to be getting around pretty good. Looks like he'll start riding again in the next few weeks. Very glad to see that.

MxDale71 got bumped around in his first moto, and actually got his fuel line messed up somehow. He was able to finish and then got 5th or so in the second moto, so he did very well.

I didn't see zerorider and his son, so I don't know if they made it or not. I did see QuadRacer8, but didn't get to talk to him.

We had 112 racers total, which is an excellent turnout for any time of the year, but being February 2nd, it was quite astonishing.

zerorider
02-03-2003, 10:53 AM
We were there, my son got 6th in the first moto, 2nd in the LCQ and finished up in 7th on the last moto. Not too bad for a mostly stock 300EX. MxDale did a spectacular stop,drop and roll to get off the track, although I think the dale helped out a lot on the stop and drop. ;)

MxDale71
02-03-2003, 11:44 AM
LOL, ya after a 5 or 6 quad pile up in the first corner, someone knocked my fuel line off and it shut off right as I was leaving the face of the first table top. It endoed, I bailed (a lot like what Dana Creech did but I wasn't near as high as him). Some lady said, "Well your bike didn't quite make it but hey, atleast you down sided the jump right?" I finished at the last lap so got 13th place (last) in the first moto. In the second moto, I had a really crappy gate position so I just let everyone go and I kinda putted up to the first corner. 2 or 3 people got hung up and I went around them and then for the rest of the 4 lap race, I worked my way up to 5th place and got 8th overall. I didn't finish quite as good as I would have liked, but going from 13th to 5th in 4 laps is pretty good, IMO, so I was very happy with how I rode. I'm still in 3rd place in the series, but it's a tie now, so I gotta go to Athens and see what I can do there.

P.S. I was definitely rolling when I wrecked. I could hear the flagger telling me to stay still, but all I was thinking about was getting my @ss off the track so I didn't get run over, lol.

beyer05
02-03-2003, 06:54 PM
Congrats on the finishes. I wish I could have been there. Someone better tell Cody to slow down or I am going to the intermediate class. Haha.

MxDale71
02-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Kurt was flyin yesterday too man. I think in one of his moto's he went from 10th to 2nd. He was really on the gas the whole time.

Kurt - You get to the airport on time?

krazykurtk
02-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Ya that over-jumping the finish line wasn't tops on my list, I was suprised it had little effect on my body. Problem was, I kept judging my speed slightly off during a few of the motos after that happened and came up alittle shorter on many of the laps than I really wanted. Not short enough to screw it up or anything, but I could have been smoother on it.

I was definitely stoked about 4-stroke open. I pulled the holeshot in the first moto, but I think it was #63 on a Cannondale, he piled into the back of me and I was in a 3 quad pile up. I finally got out of there 2nd to last. I was on a mission after that. I ended up passing the first place guy that moto on the finish line jump. Unfortunetly the finish flagger is at the top of the take-off, not the landing, so I had to settle for 2nd that moto. Oh, well.

I can admit that I was alittle pooped the second set of motos also. I should have done better in my Intermediate class, but I will definitely settle for 4th. I thought the track was a great quad track...ya it got alittle rough, but it was wide enough to pass almost everywhere. That and there were no nasty doubles or triples to wreck on. If I wasn't so tired, I would have liked to try jumping that 90 footer in the back. I had a great time. My wife and I both liked how great everyone is also. Thanks!

Razorback
02-03-2003, 07:39 PM
kurt - glad you had a good time. you going to be around long enough for some more races?

krazykurtk
02-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Ya, we made it to the airport in time. But O'hare was all backed up due to fog and her flight was delayed anyway.

I hope to make some more races. Probably not Athens, I think I'm going home that weekend. But March Badlands, looks like it should be open.

Thanks again for the good comments etc.

QuadR8cer12
02-04-2003, 08:38 PM
I had fun that race! Well the second one but I sucked it up in the first moto. I got stuck behind two guys that tangled up i the first turn for a sec and ended up in 6th. Then I got 4th in the second moto after I past kurt on the last lp jumpin that big doube(or triple I dont know what it is) That gave me 5th overall. Hope to see everyone out at Athens if I can make it!