PDA

View Full Version : what nerf bars and where????

craigmacphee
03-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Just wondering what nerf bars on the DS 450 X MX are out there that work better for mx racing than the ones that come on the X MX stock? Both sides of my nerf bars cracked where it meets the top of the upper frame. Thanks, Craig

florentino
03-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by craigmacphee
Just wondering what nerf bars on the DS 450 X MX are out there that work better for mx racing than the ones that come on the X MX stock? Both sides of my nerf bars cracked where it meets the top of the upper frame. Thanks, Craig

if you are breaking your bars may be due to your frame. flexing
have you check the 2 bolts under the belly on the front, they come loose .. just my 2 cents

craigmacphee
03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
I am certain it has something to do with my frame flexing as you say. I have checked all the bolts for tightness and loc-tite everything. I really think it just has to do with the thin guage aluminum. I see BCS makes an update kit for this. But, I want to go with a new nerf bar all together.

blaster99
03-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Pro armor. They make some tough stuff.

ds450xracer
03-12-2010, 09:45 PM
how much you wanna sell your cracked heel guards for?

florentino
03-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by craigmacphee
I am certain it has something to do with my frame flexing as you say. I have checked all the bolts for tightness and loc-tite everything. I really think it just has to do with the thin guage aluminum. I see BCS makes an update kit for this. But, I want to go with a new nerf bar all together.

i replace my bolts with 6 points vs the star head. why cause you can get alot more torque. one of the bolts i had to cut cause of lock tite it was loose. i will take pics soon i really think this is part of the frame problems.