PDA

View Full Version : adjusting shocks.

Honda4life05
03-12-2010, 11:55 AM
i've searched this and only found info on how to adjust the screw on the rezzy. (rebound i think) i want to know how to adjust the screws at the top of the shock collar. what tool is best to spin it without putting gaouges in the metal? also my +2 a-arms just showed up. I'm gonna try to set up the stock shocks untill i get aftermarket. will ajusting the collar all of the way down make the shocks stiffer or softer? thanks

miles Machine
03-12-2010, 10:14 PM
thos collars are to adjust your ride height....depending on application.....and depending on your weight the stoc ones might be right or they could be wrong if you have to go radically one way or another to get the proper adjustment.....you want to adjust your compression adjustments to make things softer

Honda4life05
03-12-2010, 10:53 PM
i weigh 160lbs. and with +2 a-arms about where should my shocks be set up? (collar, and rebound) thanks.

miles Machine
03-12-2010, 10:59 PM
you cant go by collar adjustments...you have to measure from the farthest part of the frame forward that is still level with the ground and for the rear you measure at the pegs....for mx you want any were from 6.5-7.5" in rear and in front any were from the same to and inch more

Honda4life05
03-12-2010, 11:01 PM
okay thanks. an what would you use to adjust the collar? something that wont mess the screws up.

miles Machine
03-12-2010, 11:03 PM
spanner wrench i think you get one in your tool pack with the atv