PDA

View Full Version : Cr Perch!again?

RIKR4X
11-26-2001, 03:43 PM
When i put the perch on i had to adjust the cable almost to the end, now the clutch lever is hard to pull in? do i need a new cable or is that how its going to be?thanks for the help!!!

11-27-2001, 01:13 PM
It shouldn't be at the end and it shouldn't be hard to pull,,should be easier. IS there only one slot to put the cable end in,,on the lever?? Mine had 2 different spots...something is wrong with yours...i'd get it fixed before ya go riding..

MOFO
11-27-2001, 01:57 PM
make sure your perch matches up with your clutch lever. My one buddy had a lever that did not match up with this perch 100%....well, he always complained about how his clutch seemed harder to pull in.....a few months later, his cable snapped. The clutch cable was rubbing against the perch because the angle of the lever did not match up.

Eric

CHAR250R
11-27-2001, 06:03 PM
I have the CR set up on my 400ex and my 350x. The adjuster is fine on both ATV's. The clutch cable on my 350x has an adjuster in the middle of the cable. The 400ex does not. Make sure the lever goes with the perch. The stock 400ex clutch lever fits in an XR perch. It has to be an older perch. Honda now has the same perch on the CR and the XR. Good luck.

RIKR4X
11-27-2001, 06:25 PM
WHEN I BOUGHT THE PERCH I BOUGHT THE LEVER ALSO. IT IS A CR LEVER. THANKS FOR THE HELP.I TALKED TO MY LOCAL DEALER TODAY AND HE PUT ON A AFTERMARKET ONE AND IT WAS TIGHTER THAN STOCK ,HE SAID HE DONT EVEN NOTICE IT ANY MORE ! GUESS I WONT SWEAT IT!! SEE YA