PDA

View Full Version : Trx Stilll Not Starting About To Give Up..

beck125
03-11-2010, 06:41 PM
ok so my ex started ran fine fresh rebuild as of last fall, it sat.. and sat. over winter. and now it wont start. ok so i change the plug, switched to a NGK. and still nothing. .. i changed the cdi box... still nothing.. i changed the stator still wont kick over.. yes it DOES HAVE COMPRESSION... i have no clue as to why this will not fire... i have a ton of money into it and i am not ready to give up YET. lol.... it has spark.. fresh gas... no idea... has enough spark to kill my hand when i shocked myself... if anyone has any clue .. PLEASE help me..

JOHNDOE83
03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
If you have gas and spark....

Its your carb, even if you cleaned it really good, theres still something not right.

Engines only need three things to run. Air, Fuel, Spark.

99% of the time people junk their stuff cuz of a gummed carb.

There is a full proof way to clean it in 8 mins but youll have to oil it once a week afterwards...lol

saponi1
03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
i agree. when i had problems, it was my carb. i took it to work, tore it apart and soaked it in bar-sol. the pilot jet was so clogged i couldnt shoot air thru it. i cleaned it, cleared with air, reassembled and it ran like new. when you think its clean, do it again. hope it helps.

beck125
03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
The plug ends up getting gas on it.. once it floods out from crankin on it... is that still the carb if its getting fuel into the plug?

JOHNDOE83
03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
well if you clean the plug and spray gas in the carb will it fire?

Try actually putting the gas in the carb hole... and see if it fires.

if it does, then clean your carb better.

beck125
03-11-2010, 10:16 PM
well i set the tank back up on the frame. hooked it to the carb and turned it on.. so everything is in order i just dont know why it will NOT fire... can someone give me a good description of a STRONG spark? i mean i changed the stator and the plug.. but still..

red88r
03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
You didn't have some type of critter make a nest in your intake or exhaust system from sitting? I know that can happen. It's like having a exhaust plug in your silencer and trying to start it...it won't start.

beck125
03-11-2010, 10:24 PM
lol nope no lil buggers in there. lol i was like oh gawd here we go.. but nope i wish it was just that ..

jcs003
03-12-2010, 06:59 AM
is gas leaking out of the overflow tubes? check your float height. is your pilot jet clogged? are your overflow tubes clogged? do you have an intake leak of any kind?

sc400ex_rider
03-12-2010, 07:55 AM
spray carb cleaner into the carb while cranking to see if it will run or pop. ive started engines on wd40, just use short burst to keep it running. check for cracks in the boot or a vacuum leaks. i didnt hog out my boot enough when i put my 450r carb on and i got a crack in my boot. spark should be blue. is it spinning over fast enough, use a jumper box. fresh gas helps. did you do a compression test or just got some. you need about 130psi.

bigbad400
03-12-2010, 09:05 AM
is your air filter clean? outerwears can go bad too if you have one take it off and see. mine would foul plugs when it was bad, took the outerwears off and cleaned the **** out of it but it was just too plugged. for what like 16 buck i got a new one. runs great again. just another suggestion.

beck125
03-12-2010, 08:42 PM
ya right now its in my garage and it doesnt have the filter on it right now. I haven't put it back on yet, so it shouldnt be that. .. thanks everyone for your input appreciate it. but here is what i have, it has compression from what i can tell, it chuggs and blows my finger off the spark plug hole pretty hard.. The plug does get gas on it once i flood it out,, i bled the carb out and put new gas in but still nothing,, i think i am going to take the carb off and then clean the hellllll out of it to see if it helps any..