PDA

View Full Version : training and weight loss help

m0t0xk1d
03-11-2010, 04:43 PM
i have been training for the past two weeks and i am wondering if what i am doing is good.

I run for 30 minutes before dinner everyday.

my diet consists of only chicken basically. i eat it three times a day.

breakfast - 1/2 chicken breast on 100% whole grain scotch oatmeal bread

lunch - salad with 1/2 chicken breast and fat free italian dressing.

dinner is the exact same thing as breakfast.

is this to much protein? am i not getting enough of something? i drink water constantly through out the day.

i know its boring but i really like it and it has fit me well lately.

how does this seem to you?

reconmaster
03-11-2010, 05:27 PM
mix up your meat intake eat pastas. you could drink muscle milk whey protien to help build muscle. also what kind of weight lifting are you doing power or endurance?

Tommy Warren
03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
make sure its whole wheat pasta and try a bowl of organic oatmeal in the morning;)

logangsxr998
03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Your probably not eating enough. You need to eat about every 3 hrs. This will sped up your metabolism. you also need more protein.

derekhonda
03-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by logangsxr998
Your probably not eating enough. You need to eat about every 3 hrs. This will sped up your metabolism. you also need more protein.

Yup, and switching your run to the mornings will get your metabolism going also.

And then do your weights before dinner time, for the most effective outcome.

tt racer
03-12-2010, 08:27 AM
You need to eat your body weight in protein. Example 165 lbs 165 grahms.

Lasher
03-12-2010, 09:59 AM
As other have stated...

Eat healthy small meals through the day.
Run in morning rather than evening.

To loose weight you need to keep your metabolism up. You will be surprised at all the little things during the day that also help a ton.

Never take elevator or escalator...use stairs.
Park further away. You will need to walk more, but also easier parking!
Don't always take the shortest way from point A to B.

Basically...stop being lazy (not implying you are) and do stuff.

IMO...
You not eating enough. Your body needs fuel...feed it.
I hate running, but vary your workouts. This will use different muscles in different ways. You muscles have memory...keep changing to see gains.
Loose weight...you need to keep your heat rate up, and remember that your body has about 20-30 minutes of fuel stored up...then it starts burning the fat.
Muscle weighs more than fat. So throw out the scale. Use a mirror if you care about results.
You don't need a gym to train either. You body has mass...use that mass as weights.