PDA

View Full Version : my first "REAL" hillclimb

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 07:16 AM
WEll, today I done my first "realclimb" and I MADE IT!!! WHHOOO HOOOO:blah !!!! This was a very big deal to me , I have never been one for heights:eek: ..I now have bragging rights and wanted you all to see I can now run it with the big boys...:D :D ;)

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 07:18 AM
2)

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 07:19 AM
3) Troy spotting me JUST in case..;)

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 07:20 AM
almost there

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 07:21 AM
coming back down...

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 07:23 AM
last one,this one shows how the top of the hill a little better...

HondaRancherES
01-26-2003, 07:26 AM
You go! I love hillclimbing too. Although I would have been a little scared of that one

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 07:27 AM
can you tell I was a lil proud of myself...:p

KrazyKid300ex
01-26-2003, 07:29 AM
sweet. i would of loved to take that hill on

Sparks425Ex
01-26-2003, 07:34 AM
Looking Good QJ. That looks like a fun hill. Is it really as smooth as it looks or does it have some bumps. If i was Troy I wouldn't wanan be behind a quad when it starts tumbling. He is nuts.:D

Nice Pictures,.

01-26-2003, 08:32 AM
Biggest thing to remember when climbing a hill.....Keep the hamma down till ya get to the top.. :D

I know at a couple of these XC races..i'll be at the bottom of a huge hill in 1st...I kick it up into 2nd while barely rollin and I crack it wide open and hold the he11 on the best i can..:eek:

Woodsrider
01-26-2003, 10:03 AM
Woo-whoo! glad to see you had a good time. I spent the day in the shop as planned:( And didnt get to ride at all. It poured here all day.

roostin_dale
01-26-2003, 02:24 PM
congrats QJ! you should be proud, not many women can ride like you!

Rip_Tear
01-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Nice pics QJ glad to see you mastered that hill! You are taking the harder way up arent you? On that angle... GJ, theres only 1 hill around here I have trouble climbing and thats because it comes pretty close to 90* at the top! Real scarey if you dont have that speed!

02 Red Rider
01-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Way to go QJ! That looks like a fun run ya had.:D

AtvMxRider
01-26-2003, 04:15 PM
I told you you could do it.;) I'm very proud of ya:) .:cool:

Braff1
01-26-2003, 04:31 PM
I guess those new tires really helped? I can see by the smile on your face you were excited. I know the feeling, we have this hill that we we jump that starts off as a gradual slop then goes straigt up at the top. When you clear the top you are about 2 feet in the air just over the top edge... A spinchter factor of 10/10.

My daughter Kyrie says," you go girl, girl power!".

NoWingNoPrayer
01-26-2003, 06:22 PM
Haha Now that you have tackled the hll, Try a Wall!! there nothing more adrenalin pumping then goin stright up and makin it!!

TIPS.
1. Scout it out for Roots Pockets and Bumps.
2. Dont Hit anything more less than 90 degrees it doesnt work!
3. GUN IT!

4. (last Resort) if your gonna wreck dont try to ride it back down chances of gettin hurt Quadruple! Just jump Off to the side and hope for the best! Hondas Are Tuff the quad will live.:devil

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone..;) I was alot of fun, I went back out on it today again, a lil harder cause it rained all night and that baby was slick!:eek: But I still made it...NOWINGNOPRAYER~~~hah, you will NEVER see this girl clinb a wall,:p THis kinda climbin is the limits for me,BRAFF1~~~Yes, my tires made a HUGE dif. o nthat cirt,well mud right now..~~Jerry~~, awe thanks for all the confidence in me, I was kinda doubting myself, but I was very determined to do it, and I wasnt afraid one bit!!:D I have a few more hill climb pics to add from today of the guys that I rode with today, ill post here shortly,this was a very good riding wk end for all of us.;)

01-26-2003, 07:48 PM
:macho :macho That smile told the whole story :D

bravo!!

beerock
01-26-2003, 08:29 PM
congrats QJ!

nothin like conquering a hill.

:devil

toby400ex
01-26-2003, 09:02 PM
good job, but around here a hill aint a hill unless it is covered in sharp rocks with trees all over the place and a couple boulders to avoid.:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 11:40 PM
herres a few of my buddy climbing..

QuadJunkies
01-26-2003, 11:41 PM
2)

Doibugu2
01-27-2003, 08:33 AM
Thats a sweet looking hill. Way to go QJ.

When I climb a hill, I usually go to fast at the end, and flip over at the top.

Rico, where are those pics of those Florida guys going up that 10ft wall?

ThorChick
01-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Sweet pics Tina!! When I come this summer you'll have to take me there and let me take a crack at it. I love hillclimbing, as long as I know my quad will make it up. I've hit some pretty big ones before following our group and didn't make it because my paddles were worn down too much. Backing down a hill is pretty scary when you are most of the way up and its hella steep. I've always been able to find a way up though, even if my group ends up waiting a few minutes for me. I hate having the slowest quad! This summer though I might trade in my 300ex and get a Predator. Those are awesome! I haven't ridden one yet but hopefully will be able to soon. One of the local quad shops is waiting for a demo bike they can take to the dunes and they already told me I could come along to test ride it. I can't wait!

01-27-2003, 07:27 PM
When I come this summer you'll have to take me and let me take a crack at it.

OMG :D :devil

joeroadking
01-27-2003, 08:59 PM
great pics QJ good job on the hill that smile tells the whole story !

QuadJunkies
01-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Sweet pics Tina!! When I come this summer you'll have to take me there and let me take a crack at it. I love hillclimbing, as long as I know my quad will make it up. I've hit some pretty big ones before following our group and didn't make it because my paddles were worn down too much. Backing down a hill is pretty scary when you are most of the way up and its hella steep. I've always been able to find a way up though, even if my group ends up waiting a few minutes for me. I hate having the slowest quad! This summer though I might trade in my 300ex and get a Predator. Those are awesome! I haven't ridden one yet but hopefully will be able to soon. One of the local quad shops is waiting for a demo bike they can take to the dunes and they already told me I could come along to test ride it. I can't wait! Hey girl, this is by my house sorta.not by the dunes we will be riding..:( this is all hard pack in that hill.... Im still slow at going up it, especially when that front end comes up!:eek: But from someone only riding for a year, I think I have come along ways...;)

kawasaki_ridah
02-08-2003, 09:42 AM
:D good job here is one of me climbing on my friends prairie 400 4x4

QuadJunkies
02-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
:D good job here is one of me climbing on my friends prairie 400 4x4 That is one sweet hilclimb!! Man yoiu got more Ba!!s than
I would!:eek: :eek: (no pun intended):p

kawasaki_ridah
02-08-2003, 09:56 AM
thanx, im alil bit more worried of the big 4x4s than i am the sport quads but the sport quads can hurt i know lol but if i was more careful maybe i wouldnt end up haveing quads on top of me lol
-note- the pic isnt a hill climb but its a good one of a roll over lol

CHAUNCY
02-08-2003, 09:56 AM
kool pics.
I like climbing on my quad but when I dont make it its a pain to get back down but with my dirtbike all i have to do is get it to where i can lift to turn it aroun and head back down the hill. But quads are fuuu-uun in sand hill climbs. Just my personal preference.

CHAUNCY
02-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
thanx, im alil bit more worried of the big 4x4s than i am the sport quads but the sport quads can hurt i know lol but if i was more careful maybe i wouldnt end up haveing quads on top of me lol
-note- the pic isnt a hill climb but its a good one of a roll over lol

ouch

QuadJunkies
02-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
kool pics.
I like climbing on my quad but when I dont make it its a pain to get back down but with my dirtbike all i have to do is get it to where i can lift to turn it aroun and head back down the hill. But quads are fuuu-uun in sand hill climbs. Just my personal preference. Your rt CHAUNCY, hills in the sand are the best!:blah

Braff1
02-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Sand hills is why my kids like Bad Lands. If you get stuck they just hold the front brake and hit the gas, buring the back end. Then they yell for dad.

CHAUNCY
02-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Braff1
Sand hills is why my kids like Bad Lands. If you get stuck they just hold the front brake and hit the gas, buring the back end. Then they yell for dad.

lol:p