PDA

View Full Version : Pipe and jetting ?

price_gp
03-11-2010, 10:11 AM
ok first off i want to get a hmf slip on exhaust. what do you think of the hmf slip on exhaust? i dont want a full system because if i want to go riding anywhere but private land i want to be able to put my stock pipe back on but i want a little more power and sound, cant stand quiet exhaust but dont want it obnoxious loud so all the stupid people that hate loud noises will *****. also i have a green kfx and cant decide between a green or black pipe. my kfx doesnt have much black all my bumpers and nerf bars are brushed aluminum so i thought a black pipe would kinda help offset soo much green. let me know what you think please. second: i have a modquad air filter system and when i put that in i had a local shop install a bigger jet to compensate for the filter kit, now i want to put a slip on pipe on and not sure what jet i have to use or what else i have to do. the hmf website is telling me to use a 145 mikuni small main jet. seems kinda small i think im running a 160 now not sure though. dont want to blow my quad up or anything like that, just want it to run good! my elevation is i think 1000 i live in wisconsin. if you could help me out give me advice or your opinion i would appreciate it. thank you for your time!

cataway
03-11-2010, 03:06 PM
a 145 is a tuch on the hevey side but not buy much .but really if you want loud then just take of the end cap. slip on are really not good for much